Season 1 Finale, Ep 12: Beautiful

A month had passed since the incident. A month of this new bleak, silent world. Katsuki's phone had too many unanswered texts to count, most from his friends, even a few from the classmates who used to gossip about him. He didn't care to reply to any of them.

All he did was try to keep up in school. He'd been given an extension on most projects, yet he refused to use the extra time. Just because he couldn't hear didn't mean he was suddenly weak. That's what everyone seemed to think now.

He saw the new stares from the UA students, looks of sadness and pity. Always pity. He didn't look down now, instead he walked with his head up. He wouldn't let them see him weak. He wasn't weak.

Eventually people just averted their eyes, and the few who glanced his way were met with a fiery, anger filled gaze. Katsuki didn't need their sympathy, he could survive, even if he was "disabled" now.

So, even if they had the best intentions, Katsuki shoved everyone away. He didn't talk, he barely even interacted with anyone, and only focused on school. He would not fall behind just because he lost his hearing.

As the weeks passed, Katsuki's 18th birthday got closer and closer. He'd be gone before then, so what was the point in making any plans, besides how to get out?

Then, it was the day. He'd gotten what he needed, saved what he could, prepared as much as possible. He was running away. Once the clock hit midnight, his plan was set in motion. He'd packed light, taking as little as possible. Only two changes of clothes, all of his money, a few hygiene products, and his phone.

Katsuki was leaving this day specifically because it was raining. There'd be less chance he'd be spotted. So, pulling his jacket's hood over his head, the teen grabbed his backpack and phone, and paused. Maybe he should tell someone. He didn't want to be pronounced dead again after disappearing.

Quickly deciding to text Isuku, Katsuki typed a short message explaining what he was doing:

"I'm leaving tonight. Don't know where I'm going, but I might try to find my dad. Thanks for everything Isuku."

Maybe he should.. it's not like he still had that phone number, right? But.. it was worth a shot:

"If you get this, I'm running away. Just wanted to let you know."

Then, with one last look at this place he called home, he was off. Rain poured around Katsuki as he walked, and in the mid-April chill, he shivered even with his jacket. All he focused on though was the vibrations from his footsteps on the wet pavement. The steady beat was calming, until something changed.

His feet were moving at the same pace, but something was messing up the rhythm. Then it hit him, there was another set of beats, another set of footsteps. Katsuki looked behind him, but nothing was there.

Wait, no, in the alleyway.. there was someone in a black jacket with the hood up, and a mask. He was about to turn around and bolt until the person stepped into a street lamp's light.

The familiar teal eyes seemed to ignite in the lamp light as Dabi pulled down his mask, smiling like nothing had ever happened. Katsuki blinked so many times he wasn't sure if he was tearing up or if it was the rain.

The teen took off running, his hood falling back just before he crashed into Dabi. Katsuki hugged him so tight, as if he was scared the older boy would disappear if he didn't. The blonde felt Dabi's chest shake in a chuckle as he hugged him back.

The teen soon pulled back, grabbing his phone as he typed a message:

"You got my text?"