Chapter 34

Today is our last evening in New York. I haven't been informed about what we're doing tonight, thanks to all of Mase's secrets. But a wild guess would be a dinner at a fancy restaurant.

"Can you just give me a tiny clue, so I'll know how to dress?" I asked, eager for him to reveal a bit about our plans.

"Forget it, I told you it's a surprise," he said, making a silly face at me.

"Mase, that's not fair! Then I'll just show up in my pajamas," I teased him.

"Okay, you get this: more fancy than your pajamas, and less fancy than the MET Gala," he said with a grin.

"Oh, thank you very much," I replied, smiling and letting him know that wasn't much help at all.

"Babe, just dress for an evening out," he said, kissing the top of my head. "I know you know how to dress properly."

"I'll just go with this summery dress, some heels, and a jacket," I informed him, giving him a chance to stop me if it wasn't fitting for the occasion.

"I told you, you could pick out a perfect outfit," he said approvingly as he heard my idea.

My outfit

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at a fancy restaurant, where Mase had arranged a five-course meal with a wine-pairing menu

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at a fancy restaurant, where Mase had arranged a five-course meal with a wine-pairing menu. It was incredibly generous of him. We sat for about two hours, savoring each dish and enjoying each other's company. As we finished, I found out that Mase still had another surprise in store.

A driver in a big, fancy car picked us up. Of course, I had no idea where we were going, and Mase was determined to keep it a secret. After driving for approximately 30 minutes, Mase pulled out a blindfold.

"Can I just put this on you?" he asked with a naughty smile.

"You're making me nervous. You know I don't like not knowing what I'm doing," I said, feeling a bit uneasy about the blindfold. Despite my hesitation, he gently started putting it on me, and soon, I couldn't see anything but pitch black.

"Trust me, you're going to love it," he whispered, squeezing my hand reassuringly.

The car ride continued for a while, and i strangely started to give in and without knowing where we were headed i believed Mase completely, of course i will love it. Finally, the car came to a stop, and I felt Mase's hand guiding me out of the vehicle. The air felt cooler, i could feel the wind and I could hear distant chatter. Where could we possibly be?

"Just a few more steps," Mase said, excitement clear in his voice.

When he finally removed the blindfold, I blinked, my eyes adjusting to the soft glow of lights around us. In front of me, I saw a helicopter.

"Oh my gosh, Mase, this can't be real!" I exclaimed, turning to him with a huge smile and jumping into his arms.

"Surprise," he said, squeezing me into his warm embrace. "I wanted our last night in New York to be unforgettable."

"It certainly will be. You know this is on my bucket list," I exclaimed, still overwhelmed by the surprise.

"Perfect, then we can check it off later tonight," he said, kissing my cheek.

The excitement in the air was visible as we walked towards the helicopter. The motors began to spin, creating a thrilling sense of anticipation. Mase helped me into the helicopter, and once we were both securely buckled in, the pilot greeted us and began the pre-flight checks. As we lifted off the ground, the city lights below us started to twinkle like a sea of stars. The feeling of viewing the night sky was extraordinary. Mase held my hand, his eyes reflecting the same excitement I felt.

"This is amazing," I said, my voice barely audible over the sound of the helicopter blades. "Thank you so much, Mase."

He smiled, his eyes locked onto mine. "Anything for you, babe. I just wanted to give you a night to remember." He said and we connected our lips.

As we soared over the iconic landmarks of New York City, I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and love that I have for Mase and all the work he have put into planning this surprise. The Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Central Park – seeing them from above was a magical experience.

After an incredible tour of the city from above, we began our descent. As we landed, my heart was still racing with excitement. Mase helped me out of the helicopter, and we made our way back to the rooftop terrace.

"Was it everything you hoped for?" Mase asked, his eyes twinkling with happiness.

"It was more than I could have ever imagined," I replied, wrapping my arms around him. "Thank you for making tonight so special."

He kissed me softly, and we stood there for a moment, just enjoying the beauty of the night and each other's company. It truly was an unforgettable night in New York City.