Metal Gear TARANTULA bio

Name: Metal Gear TARANTULA

Type: Nuclear armed-quadrupedal tank

Origin: United States

Designer: Nikolai "Ivan" Karkivo (original designer) and Hinata Emmerich (Chief Engineer)

Manufacturer: DARPA and Livermore National Lab

Used by: The Boss Team (Hesh's former team)

Crew: 2 

Height: (Same as Metal Gear REX)

Length: (Same as Metal Gear REX)

Width: (Same as Metal Gear REX)

Armor: Composite, Rigid Armor, "Pike" and Titanium alloy

Maximum speed: 29 mph (54km/h) (level terrain)

Standard armament: 

2 X 30mm XGAU-9R Rotary cannon

1 x 100 MW free-electron laser

AGM-114P anti-tank missiles

AGM-158C Anti-Ship missiles

Flamethrower

Nuclear Armament: 

1 megaton intercontinental ballistic missile (launcher0 

Hydrogen Bomb (launcher)

Info: 

In early 1971s the soviet Scientist, Nikolai Karkivo created designs of TARANTULA-like quadrupedal tank like Aleksandr design of REX-like bipedal tank. However during in 1972 October Revolution Parade after the Morons' reveal, 32 "Pike" weapons but Soviet Relic program were shattered. Previous DARPA, ARPA reports claimed the Soviets had completely failed to weaponize the Morons. Nikolai secretly give the Pike weapons to US CIA and DARPA after Colonel Volgin rejected his idea and Favor for Shagohod.

After the Cold War, Shadow Moses Island, Big Shell Incident, Guns of the Patriots incident, World Marshal incident and Saintlogic Incident, In 2026 after Antarctic Hollow was developed by UN Security Council, DARPA Chief Nixon Matt was establishing the new project after major Metal Gear incident used by Patriots and Marshal, he developed a new type of project that Nikolai designed, called Metal Gear TARANTULA Project. Eventually, the Project of Metal Gear TARANTULA will take place in island in Japan called shi no asa sa or prefer as Shallow of Death. It far far away from Japan mainland in North East coast of China and Russia mainland. The facility was completed in 2024 in secret from UN. 

Some countries are developing their own Walker tank will deployed for military in the future such as Artillery system is the good options for the country while Metal Gear remain hidden from the public.

The rail gun and misisle launchers was based on technology developed by Huey's and DARPA and Armstech parts have been successfully miniaturized in joint between DARPA and livermore National Labs. Livemore also recovered the nuclear weapon from REX's railgun and Peace Walker missile launcher. Their goal of developing TARANTULA was to overcome a global trend in military downsizing at the time. In 2030, after the First Belian incident, the island remain isolated, as they continued their work. 

Some countries like China, Russia, Japan and European Union felt suspicious about US developing the secret weapon. They sent out some spy but failed after some logical failures due to the ELID. 

TARANTULA was a self-mobile platform capable of using its massive rail gun and missile launcher to launch a nuclear warhead contained projectile package with a low radar cross-section. For missile will use to destroyed the military satellite.

During TARANTULA's development, the Metal Gear engineers become concerned of what would happen if TARANTULA, after it was completed and doing solo ops in the field, was detected by enemy forced to engage in close range combat against conventional forces. Eventually after so long developing, the Metal Gear TARANTULA was a prototype and it will started a field exercise at the remote military facility in Shallow of Death island until 2031.