Through thick and thin

India had their match against Australia, that was all confirmed by then. Shubman and the team were already in Ahmedabad. Sara was on her way, set to arrive a day before the big game. As soon as Sara landed in Ahmedabad, she got a call from Shubman.

Shubman: Has my lady luck arrived in Ahmedabad?

Sara: Yesss, she has just touched down.

Shubman: Okay, then I've sent a car for her.

Sara: Thanks, but she'll be on her way to a restaurant first because Vedika is waiting there for her and then she'll check into the hotel.

Shubman: Alright, no worries!! Is everything fine? Faced any difficulty coming here? If you need anything, I can send Jugnu to help you out. I can come too, just say it once.

Sara: You think of everything, Shub! I'm all good for now.

Shubman: Pakka na?

Sara: Yes baby!!!

Shubman: Woh kya hai na ki I need to make sure my lady is taken care of, because she deserves all the love and care in the world.

Sara: Stop making my heart skip a beat everytime, you cheesy human!!

Shubman: I mean it!!

Sara: And I know it!!

Shubman: Achha, did you find the car?

Sara: Hold on, let me just step outside and check.

Shubman: Okay, don't cut the call. I'll be here until you get in the car. Take your time. No rush!!

Sara: Uh... Okay, I think I found the car.

Shubman: Cool. Now go and get in. See you soon, cutie!!

Sara: See you, love!!

Sara went to the restaurant, met Vedika, had brunch with her and later on headed to the hotel.
At night, Sara was finding it difficult to sleep. Her mind was filled with thoughts of Shubman's big day ahead, making her nervous. It wasn't like she wasn't confident and all, but more like she knew what importance that match holds in his life. She's always been the one to celebrate his successes more than he does and feels the pressure more than he does on his important days. She thought of calling him, but then hesitated, thinking he might already be asleep.

So, she just tossed and turned in bed, changing positions to find sleep but then her phone suddenly lit up with a notification. It was a text from Shubman.

Shubman: Heyyyy!!!

Sara: Hey!!

Shubman: You're still up? I thought you would've gone for your beauty sleep.

Sara: Oh please, I can say the same to you.

Shubman: So, what's keeping my beautiful girlfriend up?

Sara: Nothing. I'm just unable to sleep. Why aren't you sleeping?

Shubman: Like you weren't waiting for me to text you?

Sara: Wh..What do you mean?

Shubman: Oh c'mon!! You just jumped to the phone the minute I texted you.

Sara: Haha, okay, maybe you caught me there. But seriously, why aren't you asleep by now?

Shubman: You know me!! I always struggle to sleep when I know a big day is coming up. But Sara, just imagine, if we win the trophy, that moment would be so incredibly proud.

Sara: I knowww!!! I've played that scene in my mind countless times already.

Shubman: Oh really?

Sara: Yeahhh!!!