5: Janiye

"Teri ye adaa janiye tujhe na pata
Janiye hai aisa nasha janiye
Mere dil ko paar kare"

RUHAAN

"Hi Mr.- what's his name?" I asked sitting on the chair in my company's secret basement.

"Why? Do you want to name yourself again? I too think Ruhaan is a shitty name, have seen hundreds like you lying in my house with skin pricked out until you can only see their bare bones!" The man infront of me spoke cunningly earning a loud laugh from my side.

"Funny. I assume to cope up with your nearing death, you're using humour, appreciate it deeply but you see this place, take a good look around, c'mon now!" I exclaimed taking a knife in my hand and grazing it along my palm.

I looked up to see a 6'4 tall man sitting with bruises and cuts across his face besides a bleeding right arm.

He's tough, he sure is but the whole intimidation and infuriation game he tries to play doesn't messes up with me.

His eyes averted back to me with a deep scowl and I chuckled sitting back on my chair.

"Dark place, huh? There's no source of light here and oh, it reminds of your life, no source of life, just pure darkness, wonder how many I killed here and buried them deep?" I asked stabbing the knife in his left leg.

A hiss left his mouth which further increased to a scream as I twisted the knife.

"Now, will you do me the honours of telling me that who's behind the stupid plan?" I asked taking the knife out.

"If it's so stupid, why don't you find it yourself?" He mocked letting out a bitter snicker.

I laughed standing up on my toes and moving beside him while cleaning the knife on a towel.

"You don't fear death now, do you?" I asked moving behind his chair while he looked up at me with a conniving smile on his face.

"Nope, Mr. Ruhaan Arya." He smirked at me when I leaned towards his face positioning the knife against his neck.

"Then there's no use of you to live in my world." I said slitting his neck in one swipe leading a little blood to splash on my white shirt.

"But sir, he was an important pawn-" my assistant spoke sweating off his forehead.

"Important pawn, my foot. He wouldn't have spoken either way. Clean the mess, keep working on the information and update me as soon as you get the slightest of hint." I ordered taking out my stained shirt.

Picking up a black shirt, I came out wearing it to leave for my palace.

I entered inside just to see everyone assembled in the living room and I thanked god that I took into my appearance before coming here because for a matter of fact, my father would have killed me if he found any traces of foreign blood on me.

I took in the sight and noticed her laughing on something Avi and Ridh said in her ear.

I instantly recalled the truce she offered two nights ago and how it nearly made me laugh at her stupid brain.

There's nothing that can nurture between us let alone a friendship which I keep sacred to only some people.

I have just four friends and seemingly, they are enough to fill that void.

My gaze averted from Raina to Aarohi who was sitting in silence churning on her sweet dish with her eyes fixed nowhere. I walked to her with light steps sitting beside her when she finally noticed a presence beside her.