7: Daddy Issues

"Go ahead and cry, little girl
Nobody does it like you do!"

RAINA

We both later bumped into Ritik and Rohan and they joined both of us in our conversations.

It felt beyond amazing to be in their company after everything that happened in the last 3 days.

Later on, Nevaan offered us for drinks here and despite my denial, he dragged me to the rooftop of the restaurant for a single shot.

"How's the girlfriend, Rohan?" I asked while ascending the stairs to the top.

"Off ho gayi!" Ritik replied and my eyes widened at his response.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry Rohan for your loss. Kaisa hua yeh sab aur kab? Shaadi mein toh sab theek tha?" Nevaan asked making a pity face which made Ritik laugh and later me.

"Gawaar, off matlab relationship mein break aa gaya!" Ritik exclaimed putting his arm around Rohan.

Nevaan started laughing nervously which made me crack out loud at his initial reaction as well as Rohan's sulking face or I might add, his glaring gaze.

We sat on the bar stools beside each other when all four of us got a vodka shot.

"Just one." I murmured to myself gulping it whole in one go. I immediately squeezed the lemon in my mouth to neutralise the ph of my tongue.

"I need to stop drinking, I swear!" I exclaimed glancing at my friends who were taking shots after shots.

"Kyu? Pati daatega?" Rohan teased and I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"He wish but you know my tolerance, right? Even these lemon slices don't help me null the after effect. I am done for today!" I replied standing up but Nevaan pulled me down again.

"Shut up and you, get her another one!" He said directing the last statement to the bartender.

"But-

"I'll drop you in an hour, I promise!" He spoke cutting me off and I sat back rolling my eyes again.

"Like your tolerance is so much!" I mocked him but before he could speak, Rohan spoke.

"I'll drop you mata! Now shall we?" He asked and I nodded asking for another one.

Who the fuck even cares about Ruhaan? He can go fuck himself.

I didn't realise when the next two hours went by but what did reflect on me was the time and that I was late without informing anyone at the house.

Ma must be worried considering her overcaring nature and I know I messed up big time when it's not even been a week since my marriage and I have started acting like a spoiled brat and an undeserving daughter in law.

"We need to go!" I stood up abruptly reaching for my thrown bag somewhere in the bar and holding Nevaan's arms.

"Relax Rai!" He calmed me down while both Ritik and Rohan stood up too displaying me their red eyes from the effect of alcohol.

We all were equally reeking of alcohol and I hate the fact that my in laws will have to see my drunk self.

"I can't relax! You don't know Ruhaan and I can't give him anymore reasons to hate me more! I have messed up real bad without informing anyone at the house and I swear he'll kill me if I go like this." I shouted descending the stairs followed by Nevaan and Rohan with Ritik probably paying the bill.

I cared less because now all I worry is him shouting on me again because I riled him up.

Last three days started slamming into me harshly and to my drunk ass, came my self loathing and depressed life tales making me feel like the most ruined person alive on the Earth.