19: 'i like you so much'

"I like your eyes, you look away when you pretend not to care,
I like the dimples on the corners of the smile that you wear!"

RAINA

Today, the royal family has organised a lunch for all the important people of Jodhpur and across India who will be joining us in celebrating the soon to be coronation of Ruhaan.

The families of my friends are invited too considering they are a part of our family's business circle except my friends in Delhi who will be joining in the main ceremony tomorrow.

A bit has shifted in 5 days Ruhaan spent mostly at home due to the strict instructions of his father and while I got to know more about his habits and everything, he took a generous amount of time in knowing me too which made me like him a little more than before.

"You look fine, Ruhaan!" I complimented knowing how much he feeds on them secretly and he curtly nodded fixing his brooch.

He still maintains his cold exterior but I have managed to get through him slightly to know about his actions to my reactions.

"Now if you step aside, let me get ready too!" I exclaimed pushing him aside and he immediately glared dusting off his forearm I just touched.

"You are not so chic, do you know that?" I asked touching him in the same spot again and he glared rolling his eyes at me.

I took in my frame in the mirror and adored my olive green lehenga decorated in pearls and golden beads with embroidered flowers all over it. It has a modern touch to it but ma and Ridh really insisted it for today and who was I deny to such a beautiful piece of work.

I wore the pieces of gold jewellery I got from my mother in wedding considering the pastel elements in them and finally summing up the whole look by adding basic clean girl makeup, I turned around to see my so called husband's eyes on my figure.

"How do I look?" I asked and he stood up walking towards me.

"Stunning!" He whispered looking down at me so I quickly got my heels and stepped onto them now reaching his neck.

"Thankyou sir! Means a lot coming from you!" I replied positioning his neck piece that dadi asked him to wear today.

"Sir?" He smirked up and I instantly saw his hands slowly snaking around my waist.

"Yes sir and I didn't know you were such a sucker for my touch? It's been only 5 weeks and you forgot your staying-away-from-me revenge plan already?" I asked teasingly narrowing my eyes and resting my palms on his chest in response to which he jerked me off towards him grabbing my waist.

"I gave up that plan. I am attempting to make my new plan work." He murmured rubbing his fingers against my back and it was suddenly too much for my skin to take in his touch.

"New plan?" I asked nervously and he nodded withdrawing his hands and keeping them at the back as he stepped away from me maintaining a few feet gap.

"I am trying to give in my 100% in the truce and that plan is working. I think it will be over soon, congratulations!" He explained and seemingly, he looked happy about it not knowing that he is breaking up my hopes slowly and unknowingly.