15: War Of Hearts

"I will wait for you
Shadows creep,
And want grows stronger,
Deeper than the truth."

RAINA

One week later

My mind was hedged with each bit of the last week I spent, making me randomly giggle during work in the hotel's kitchen and to be honest, I didn't expect it one inch.

Ruhaan has been super nice to me. Though, he's still reserved but I can see through parts he didn't intend to show me. It would be too soon to not call him an asshole but as he said one week ago, I say the same thing one week later.

So far, so good.

Although, he did went to Italy for 4 days for I don't have any business why, it did make me contemplate whether to contact him through text or call or not. My over excited self was suddenly too overwhelmed with not having the continuous Ruhaan energy beside that I called him one night and by god's grace, he picked up the call and we talked for an hour straight.

Uncanny but actually true but it was actually just me yapping and him listening to everything I had to say.

He's a nice acquaintance to have because I rarely had any friend figure who wasn't just an another yapper so speaking about my day and other common things were easy because I usually got all the says except the last one.

There were times when he didn't pick up or texted back but it was a shocker that one time he even video called me and I was just fresh out of shower at night. He had this light smirk hanging on his face the whole time while on the other hand, I'd hate to agree if I was blushing.

Everything aside, he came back last night with his occasional good mood and our meet and greet was something I would have given my life at that point.

"Hi!" I waved pushing the duvet off me as I heard the low bustling of his steps.

He stood there beside the door in a white shirt bottomed with black trousers as if he was straight out of work from Italy too but his hair were messy and his forehead was wrinkled like he didn't expect me being awake.

"Hi?" He replied with a minute smile that if I haven't caught it a few times here and there, I would have missed it. I stood up, my heart and emotions overpowering me as I slowly made my way infront of him.

This isn't the usual me but I do get excited when someone I have made a connection with comes back after a reasonably long time.

4 days, Raina. Just 4 short days. My conscious mocked but I gave it the back seat.

"You look ridiculously fine at this time of the day." I teased keeping my hands at the back to just watch his smile grow a little wider.

This man feeds on compliments and it'd be a big harm to myself if I don't keep complimenting him.

"What time is it? 1 am?" He asked staring at the clock and I nodded my head rather staring at his face.

"Ruhaan?" I called and he hummed gazing back at me as he removed his watch, phone and wallet.

"Do you like hugs?" I asked and he looked at me in amusement titling his face to one side.

"No, Raina. I don't like hugs." He replied as amusement still lingered on his face as if he was mentally beckoning me to do something I might regret later.

I stepped forward ignoring the boundaries he sat in the beginning of the truce and maybe this one thing will change our dynamic but I care less.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, pressed my face against his chest and as the comfort crawled in, I smiled against his chest feeling the warmth I usually feel during sleep as I heaved a sigh of relief.