17: LOYALTY

"Tell me who you loyal to:
Is it money? it is fame? Is it weed? Is it drink?
Is it comin' down with the loud pipes and the rain?
Big chillin', only for the power in your name."

RUHAAN

We visited Nidha maasi's house and just as I entered, there was a chirping of multiple voices and it immediately felt welcoming and comfortable.

We sat in the living room and there were Vihaan's parents sitting in the living room laughing loudly as they conversed with each other.

They quickly spotted us and there was change in emotions of Nidha maasi who instantly stood up and clasped me in her arms. A cozy feeling broke out in my heart and I hugged her back with a grin adorning my face.

"Kaise ho tum?" Her voice reached my ears and there was this great tint of motherly warmth which I always got from my own. (How are you?)

"I am fine, maasi! How are you?" I asked breaking the hug and she passed me a small smile grabbing my palm.

"I am good now that you both came but my husband isn't taking good care of me." She whined looking back and the man behind stood pulling her back with a laugh.

Me and Vihaan both laughed out loud at their antic but his voice halted maasi's steps and while his father went away in the room nodding his head at both of us, maasi frowned crossing her arms.

"There's something you should know, mom."

We both stepped into his father's study and she followed us without question. I took my cue to start when Vihaan gestured to speak.

"Do you remember the attack on you that happened 2.5 years ago?" I asked and she nodded heaving a sigh of distress.

"And the one that occurred an year ago?" I asked and she nodded again stressing up quickly.

"So you do realise that both of them were from the same people?" Vihaan asked relaxing her down and she nodded clearing her throat.

"What connection it has with my present?" She asked and I sat on the chair opening the computer and logging into my files.

"This man- Cosa Martin, Vihaan and the team here in Italy caught him a week ago. He was following Aarohi and thus the panic attack."

"Is she okay now?" She asked worriedly and I nodded switching up to the track locations.

"We didn't believe a word he uttered but there was something important, something we couldn't ignore without tightly tying all the strings."

"What is it?" She asked furrowing her brows and I shut the computer focusing my attention on her.

"You have to tell us mom if there is anything we need to know to save you from these attacks. Those were two and I am afraid there are more and we need to find out who is behind all that before there's another, mom." Vihaan spoke and I sighed pressing my forehead.

"He told us that there's someone in my family involved. Someone we trust but isn't worthy of it." I explained and her eyes widened but as the realisation dawned on her, she composed her expressions and let out a low chuckle.

"This man is intelligent if he's alive." She remarked gazing back and forth between us but both of us nodded in denial which made her further laugh.