8|| Tokyo Lights and Osaka Nights [Part - 1]

Hello hello ^-^! 

Welcome to the second update of today ^-^!

There is no need for this chapter, but I will give my usual warning! 

I won't tolerate any hate comments or insults! You can, of course, criticise me, and you, of course, don't have to like my story. But respect is the key! 

Anyway enjoy ^-^! 

Chapter song: Renuion by M83. You can listen the song if you want to! 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Three years had passed. As they sat together in the living room, each holding their respective acceptance letters, a mix of excitement and apprehension filled the air. Chuuya would be heading to Tokyo for his art program, while Dazai had been accepted to a prestigious writing program in Osaka. It was a momentous occasion, marking the next chapter of their lives.

Kouyou beamed with pride as she looked at them. "I knew you both would make it. You have worked so hard for this."

Yosano nodded in agreement. "Your dedication and talent have paid off." She then added with a smile. "We both are proud of you two."

Chuuya glanced at Dazai, a mixture of excitement and nostalgia in his eyes. "Can you believe we have come this far?"

Dazai grinned back. "I know, right? It feels like just yesterday we were struggling to finish our assignments."

Chuuya chuckled, memories of late-night study sessions flooding back. "And now we are off to different cities to pursue our dreams."

Dazai nodded, a hint of melancholy in his voice and expression. "It's going to be strange not having you around, though. Who will I argue with about the best ramen place now?"

"You will survive," Chuuya teased, nudging Dazai playfully. "Besides we can always text or call each other."

Their mother exchanged knowing smiles, silently acknowledging the bond that had formed between stepbrothers despite their occasional clashes.

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

The next morning, the house buzzed with activity as Chuuya and Dazai packed their bags. Kouyou fussed over Chuuya's belongings, making sure he had everything he needed for his journey to Tokyo. "Chuuya, did you remember everything? Your clothes, your toothbrush, your favorite book?"

"Yes, Mother," Chuuya rolled his eyes playfully. "I'm not a child anymore."

Kouyou chuckled lightly. "Oh, but you are my baby boy!" She said and pulled Chuuya into a hug.

Yosano, on the other hand, sat with Dazai in his room, helping him organize his notes and manuscripts. "You are going to do great in Osaka," she reassured him, smoothing out a creased paper.

Dazai forced a smile. "I hope so. It's a big step."   

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

As the clock ticked closer to their departure time, Chuuya and Dazai exchanged glances filled with unspoken emotions. Their relationship had evolved over the years, from initial animosity to grudging respect, and now to reluctant fondness. Despite their differences, they had grown accustomed to each other's presence.

Chuuya zipped up his suitcase, a mix of excitement and nerves churning in his stomach. He couldn't wait to immerse himself in the bustling art scene of Tokyo, yet leaving behind the familiar comforts of home was bittersweet.