32|| Bonds Of Dawn And Dusk

Welcome to the 7th update of today ^-^!

Make sure that you didn't skip the previous 6 chapters >~<!

There is no need for warnings in this chapter, but I will give my usual warning.

I won't tolerate any hate comments or insults! You can, of course, criticise me, and you, of course, don't have to like my story, but respect is the key.

Anyway, enjoy ^-^.

Chapter song: Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden. If you want you can listen the song! 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

The morning light seeped through the curtains, casting a soft glow across the room. Dazai lay awake, staring at the ceiling, his mind heavy with the events of the previous night. Chuuya's soft breaths, even in his sleep, were a reminder of the storm that had passed. He could still feel the dampness of Chuuya's tears on his shirt and the weight of his stepbrother's body curled against him. Chuuya had cried himself to sleep, his face buried in Dazai's chest, seeking comfort in the only place that felt safe at the moment.

Dazai shifted slightly, careful not the wake Chuuya. He ran a hand through his hair, letting out a soft sigh. It was not the first time Chuuya had come to him like this, but each time it happened, it tugged at something deep within him. The way Chuuya's vulnerability showed in those moments, breaking through his tough exterior, made Dazai's heart ache in a way he couldn't fully understand.

"Why do you always do this to yourself, Chuuya?" Dazai whispered, his voice barely audible. He looked down at the sleeping figure in his arms, taking in the soft features and the lines of worry that had smoothed out in slumber. Chuuya looked so peaceful now, so different from the turmoil that had consumed him just hours before.

As if sensing Dazai's thoughts, Chuuya stirred, his eyes fluttering open. He blinked a few times, disoriented, before realizing where he was. His cheeks flushed with embarrassment as he pulled away slightly, avoiding Dazai's gaze.

"I'm sorry," Chuuya mumbled, his voice hoarse from crying. "I didn't mean to burden you."

"Don't be ridiculous," Dazai said gently, brushing a strand of hair away from Chuuya's face. "You know you can always come to me, Chuuya. I'm here for you."

Chuuya's eyes softened at the sincerity in Dazai's words. He nodded, though the vulnerability still lingered in his expression. "Thanks, Dazai. I just... Everything got too overwhelming."

Dazai nodded, understanding. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, not pressing but offering a listening ear.

Chuuya hesitated, then shook his head. "Not right now. Can we just... Stay like this for a bit longer?"

Dazai smiled, a warmth spreading through him at Chuuya's request. "Of course," he said, wrapping an arm around Chuuya and pulling him close once more. They stayed like that for a while, the silence between filled with a sense of unspoken understanding.

Eventually, Chuuya pulled away, sitting up and stretching. "We should probably get up," he said, though there was a reluctance in his voice. "It's getting late."

Dazai nodded, sitting up as well. "Yeah, you are right. But first, breakfast. I will make us something to eat."

Chuuya raised an eyebrow, a small smile tugging at his lips. "You? Cook? This I have got to see."

Dazai laughed, the sound light and carefree. "Hey, I can be domestic when I want to be. Just wait and see."

They made their way to the kitchen, the earlier tension easing with each step. Dazai busied himself preparing breakfast, and Chuuya watched with a mix of amusement and surprise as his stepbrother moved around the kitchen with ease.

"You weren't kidding," Chuuya said, leaning against the counter. "I didn't know you had it in you."

Dazai shrugged, a playful glint in his eyes. "There are many things you don't know about me, Chuuya."

Chuuya rolled his eyes, but there was a fondness in his expression. "Yeah, yeah. Just don't burn the place down."

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Breakfast was a simple affair, but the shared moments of laughter and teasing made it special. As they ate, the conversation flowed easily, the earlier sadness a distant memory. They talked about everything and nothing, finding comfort in each other's company.

After breakfast, they decided to go for a walk. The day was warm, and the fresh air felt good against their skin. They wandered through the park, the sounds of birds chirping and children playing filling the air. It was peaceful, a stark contrast to the chaos of their usual lives.

As they walked, Chuuya found himself stealing glances at Dazai. There was something about the way Dazai carried himself, the way he seemed to effortlessly draw people in, that fascinated Chuuya. He had always admired Dazai's strength and resilience, but lately, those feelings had begun to shift into something more complicated.

"Dazai," Chuuya said suddenly, stopping his tracks. Dazai turned to look at him, curiosity in his eyes.

"Yeah?" Dazai replied, tilting his head slightly.

Chuuya hesitated, then shook his head. "Never mind. It's nothing."

Dazai frowned, stepping closer. "Chuuya, if something is bothering you, you can tell me."

Chuuya took a deep breath, then smiled. "It's nothing serious. Just... Thanks for being here for me. I appreciate it."

Dazai's expression softened, and he reached out to squeeze Chuuya's shoulder. "Always, Chuuya. You don't have to thank me for that."

They continued their walk, the silence between them comfortable. As the sun began to set, casting a golden hue across the park, they found a bench and sat down, watching as the sky changed colors.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Chuuya said softly, his gaze fixed on the horizon.

"Yeah, it is," Dazai agreed, though his eyes were on Chuuya. The fading light highlighted the delicate features of Chuuya's face, and Dazai felt his heart swell with emotion he couldn't quite name.

For a while, they sat in silence, the world around them fading into the background. There was a sense of contentment in just being together, of knowing that no matter what happened, they had each other. 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

As the last rays of sunlight disappeared, Dazai turned to Chuuya. "We should head back. It's getting late."

Chuuya nodded, standing up. "Yeah, let's go."

They walked back to their home, the evening air cold against their skin. When they arrived, they settled into the living room, the day's events catching up to them.

"Dazai," Chuuya said quietly, breaking the comfortable silence. "Do you ever think about the future?"

Dazai looked thoughtful for a moment, then nodded. "Sometimes. Why do you ask?"

Chuuya shrugged, a hint of vulnerability in his eyes. "I don't know. I guess I just wonder where we will be, what we will be doing."

Dazai reached out, taking Chuuya's hand in his. "Whatever happens, we will face it together. You and me, Chuuya. That's a promise."

Chuuya smiled, a warmth spreading through him at Dazai's words. "Yeah, together."

The bond between them was growing, changing in ways they couldn't fully understand yet. 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

I will update 3 more chapters ^-^! 

If you love my story, please stay tuned ^-^!