❄️》9 - Fun at the Lake《❄️

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

(2,851 Words)
Briar Rose's POV

I wake up to Lucy Gray humming and stroking my hair. I groan and turn away from her and she chuckles a bit. "Come on Bri, we're going to the lake now." Lucy Gray says and I groan even more. I hate Coriolanus. I don't trust him. I'm not too sure about Sejanus, but he is together with Cassie and I trust Cassie. So I trust Sejanus more than I do Coriolanus. I know Cassie is Coriolanus' sister, but that is different from being a couple. "No, I don't want to." I say finally opening my eyes looking at Lucy Gray. "You have to come." Lucy Gray says to me and I sigh a bit. "I don't want to." I say to Lucy Gray again and she sighs rubbing her forehead. "I know you don't trust Coriolanus, but I do, and you trust me right?"

"Right," I say, sighing a bit. I don't trust her taste in men, but I trust her in every other way. "Please just trust me on this." Lucy Gray says to me and I nod a bit. She hands me my bathing suit and my cover up dress and I quickly get dressed and climb down the ladder. I see everyone already outside and I sigh a bit. They always wake me up last. I get cranky in the morning when I am woken up early. I just don't like being woken up early. It overwhelms me.

Barb Azure hands us a bucket with a jug of water, bread, and our picnic blanket. I hold on to Lucy Gray's hand and I walk beside her tiredly. Coriolanus is next to Lucy Gray and I start to get annoyed. I just got my sister back. Why does Coriolanus want to take her away from me again? I kick at the rocks on the ground not saying a word.

"She just started seeing a gal down the road. Probably glad to have the place to themselves for the day." Lucy Gray says to Coriolanus referring to Barb Azure. We  walk through the meadow Tam Amber leading the way through the meadow and then into the woods. There isn't really a path so we all form a single line. I stay in the back behind Lucy Gray and Coriolanus. I'm mad at Coriolanus for trying to take away my sister. She isn't paying as much attention to me. I keep kicking rocks in front of me trying to hit the back of Coriolanus' foot to pass the time. After a bit when the woods are thick and you can hear every insect and bird and animal around us he picks up a stick and starts to use it as a walking stick. I think he is scared of the woods. He's not very good at hiding his facial expressions and body language. Maybe to someone normal but I can see right through him.

"How does he know the way?" Coriolanus asks referring to Tam Amber

"We all know the way. It's our second home." Lucy Gray says as we keep walking through the woods we are almost about halfway through and Coriolanus, Sejanus, and Cassie look like they could use a break. They're not used to how long the walk is. Tam Amber stops at a spot that is more open.

"About halfway." Tam Amber says and we pass around the bag of melted ice. The water is nice and cold. Unlike the jug of water that should be warm by now. Maude Ivory sits down on a rock near where we are and she complains about how her foot hurts. She takes off her shoes revealing a pretty big blister on her foot.

"These shoes don't walk right." Maude Ivory says looking at her shoes and frowning at them

"They're an old pair of Clerk Carmine's. We're trying to make them last the summer." Lucy Gray says, looking at Maude Ivory's foot. That means a new pair of shoes for me since they are too small for Maude Ivory.

"They're too tight. I want herring boxes like in the song." Maude Ivory says with her signature frown on her face. Sejanus crouches down and offers a piggy back ride to Maude Ivory and that makes me frown. It's not fair that Maude Ivory gets a piggy back ride and I don't.

"How about a ride instead?" Sejanus asks Maude Ivory and she climbs on his back.

"Watch out for my head!" Maude Ivory says as Sejanus stands up and I look over at Cassie and I can see that look of I can see having kids with this person. I hope they do get that someday