6

The girls stare at each other tentatively, struggling for the right words or emotions to spew out. Their feet remained cemented in their positions, one could confuse them for mannequins with how still they stood.

Their eyes danced from one person to the other in disbelief, their minds trying to understand the situation they were being faced with. Five years, they hadn't set eyes on each other or made an attempt to call the other persons name, it was like a sin that they vowed to stay very far away from. Now here they were, stood in front of each other, their secrets flying back to mind, their fear crippling any words their brains managed to formulate.

Iris cleared her throat but that was the best she could do, she couldn't manage any words. The trees whooshing outside, uncontrollably against themselves did nothing to abate their fear that seemed to heighten at every second. Strange noises came through, although they knew it was an effect of the wind, it still shook them harder than it did the trees.

"Hi." Bekah broke the silence shyly with an awkward wave of her hands. No one answered her greeting, it was like she wasn't even there, the rest of them just looked at each other, trying to wrap their heads around what as happening.

"Iris, Amber" Rowan swallowed hard, her eyes still stuck on the both of them. She couldn't bring herself to be overjoyed at the fact that she was being faced with her best friends who she hadn't seen in five years. She took in their appearances, their differences, changes, but nothing was as important as the possibilities of what their meeting could bring.

"Rowan, Amber" Iris said, slowly moving her feet to them, slowly they all came together leaving Bekah awkwardly standing there. They were standing closer now, but still no words came out.

They'd been friends throughout high school, unstoppable and unbreakable are a few words people used to describe their magnetic bond. They did everything together, went everywhere together, they understood each other, they had similar backgrounds and the same group of friends.

They were the people that people would have loved to be, idols of their school. Trendsetters, the leaders, it didn't matter that they had their differences, they were like the same person. They had their fights, moments of back stabbing, even that couldn't tear them apart. It was their mistake that ended up demagnetizing their bond, hardest moment of their lives, but they knew that their separation was the only way they could keep their secrets away.

Now, after five years, after such a long time, after they had all changed in appearances or lifestyle; they were faced with each other again, so many things they didn't know about each other, when they once knew everything about each other. They could talk for hours back then, but five years they'd gone without even hearing each other sneeze.

"What are you guys doing here? " Rowan asked, still dazed.

"I expected our reunion to be friendlier than this," Amber said, unblinking.

"We're not supposed to have one, it's not in our plans, it's not a part of our deal" Iris said, panicked.

"Which of you planned this?" Rowan asked accusingly, looking at them demeaningly, her brown eyes searching for a guilty face. "this isn't just some coincidence. Coincidences like this don't happen." She countered, firmly.

"What do you mean which of us planned this, Rowan? We all agreed never to meet again, together we make a lot of stupid decisions, together our secrets could somehow spill, none of us would do this." She said, utterly annoyed.

"Yes, and if any of us planned this, don't you think we'd involve Emerson and Brody too? I mean, they were our friends too." Iris reasoned.

"I'm sorry," she shook her head "maybe it is a coincidence, I've just lived in fear and agony all this while"