32

"I wonder what Alicia wants from us this time, it's been a month. I thought Amber's unsolicited confession satisfied her," Rowan said, bitterly.

"Yeah," I know. " Iris's tone was solemn, and she IT slightly shaky from fear.

"When I got the text this morning I was scared, I thought she had finally left us alone," Bekah said.

"Nah,'' Emerson shook his head. "She threatened me and Bro the day after we visited the dead girl's grave, she said that if we try to leave town we'll regret it."

Brody concurred by vigorously shaking his head. "Chick was so scary when she said it, I decided not to test her."

"Where's Amber?" Harper asked as she scanned her curious eyes around the living room. "This is her house isn't it?'' she lifted a brow.

"Why the bloody hell are you here? Did Alicia send you here to make sure we all get terrified? Or did you come to get that thrill all on your own?" Rowan hissed.

Harper smirked and locked eyes with Rowan. "I came here to watch you squirm," she smiled and rested her feet on the table. She was the only person in that room who was calm. 

"Harper, please behave," Bekah absentmindedly chastised her while she pulled at the hem of her skirt. Her arms shook slightly and she moved uneasily in her seat.

"Rebekah are you okay?" Harper gently placed her hand on her shoulder.

Bekah nodded her head and then she shook it. "I'm just nervous," she said breathily.

"I wish I were just nervous, I'm shitting in my pants right now," Iris said. "Alicia seemed really pissed that night, who knows what she's been planning this past month," she looked agitated.

"Whatever she has planned is what we deserve," Amber slurred as she lazily strolled into her living room. There were dark circles underneath her eyes and she was wearing an oversized hoodie over black leggings. She took a seat on one of the chairs around the island and stretched out her long arm on the island table and rested her messy hair on it.

"Girl, you look like you haven't showered in three days," Harper said.

"She hasn't. Like literally she actually hasn't showered in three days," Rowan pressed. "She's been out all week partying with strangers and living recklessly, but I could care less because it's hard sharing this small space with two people."

"Dude, Amber's apartment is huge," Brody chuckled.

"I'm used to much bigger things," Rowan pursed her lips and observed the apartment in disdain. "Very soon I'll find someone richer than that idiot and I'll live in a luxury once more," she smiled.

Amber burst out into uncontrollable laughter and then she began to sob into her palms, her shoulder's bounced up and down as she did so. She dragged her body off the chair and moved to her television, the rest of them watched her every move in bewilderment. Amber switched on the television and hung her head low.

"Alicia sent me a little movie to play for you all," her voice shook. She slipped her equally shaky hands into the pocket of her hoodie and pulled out a USB flash drive, she connected it to the USB port of her television. She picked up her remote and used it to go to the only folder that was there, it was titled 'FOR ANA' she took in a long breath and clicked on the folder, there was a video in it, and she clicked on the video then went to take a seat on her couch beside Iris.

When the video started playing all their attention was automatically turned to the television. They all watched tentatively. The video started with a shot of the flyer handed to them at the start of their torment journey, and the next scene was of the girls being handed their individual flyers. The camera quality was not the best, it was often shaky but it was clear enough for them to tell what was going on, and to tell who was in each frame. After all the girls had received their flyers the camera dissolved to a different scene that consisted of the plumber going into each of their houses. And from the point of view of the plumber, they could see how each tiny camera was planted inside their houses. After each camera was planted a mischievous snigger could be heard from the plumber. The next shot was an establishing shot of the cabin they stayed in and after that a bird-angle view of the girls checking into the cabin.

And then there were frames that consisted of them being in the cabin, everything that happened there was included in the video they were watching, and it didn't stop there. There were also shots of them outside the cabin, of them in the woods the night Amber and Rowan's cars got stolen, shots of Bekah being thrown into the water by someone they could not make out, clips of Bekah being rushed to the hospital, scenes from the days that led up to the wedding and some of the disaster that took place at the wedding. There were scenes of them in their houses doing the most mundane things; sipping coffee, watching a movie, walking. Unbeknownst to them, their every move since they were at the cabin was being captured. Finally, there was a scene of them at the graveyard where Amber made the confession. Their hearts dropped far down in their chests because they all knew they were screwed.

The video stopped and like every movie, the credits rolled, and it was accompanied by chilling music. The words 'special thanks to:' came on the screen, followed by pictures of everyone who helped make the film. The faces that were shown on the screen were of people unknown to them, but after about ten strangers came the people who they knew were behind it all. First was Alicia, then the plumber, but it did not stop there. The picture that came on the screen after theirs drove everyone into a frenzy. The next picture on the screen was Bekah's. There were loud gasps in the room and they all snapped their heads to the direction of where Bekah was sitting. Her face was completely wet from tears and her lips quivered.  She did not look at them but she could feel all their stares burning into her flesh.

 "I can explain," her voice shook. 

--

SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE. I RESUMED SCHOOL AND I HAVE HAD NO TIME TO DO ANYTHING. I HOPE YOU FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING.