18

RECAP: AMBER AND ROWAN'S CARS GET STOLEN.  THE GUYS- EMERSON, AND BRODY FINALLY WAKE UP. THE GIRLS FILL THEM IN ON WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING TO THEM. EMERSON HITS ON BEKAH (IRIS DOESN'T PARTICULARLY LIKE THAT) ROWAN BEING THE EVIL PERSON SHE IS POINTS OUT BEKAH'S FLAWS, BEKAH GETS UPSET AND HITS HER (YES!!!) ROWAN CALLS GERALD TO PICK THEM UP AND HE DROPS EVERYONE BUT ROWAN AT AMBER'S PLACE. ROWAN GOES BACK HOME TO MEET HER MOTHER WAITING FOR HER. ROWAN'S MOTHER ASKS HER TO LET JUAN ESTEBAN GO BECAUSE SHE BELIEVES THAT ROWAN IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM...

Amber was the first to wake up the next morning. She and Iris shared a room while Bekah, Brody, and Emerson each got a room to themselves. She was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for everyone; sausages, bacon, and some thick French toast. 

By the time the smell of the food began to travel through all the rooms,  her guests began to awake. Bekah was the first person out, her hair was disheveled and she had heavy bags under her eyes. She walked like someone that was lost and confused, she sat down on a highchair around the Island and stared into space for a while as she waited for the tiredness from the sleep to disappear.

"Do you need help?'' she asked in a very small voice and yawned.

"No," Amber said, and then she wiped her wet hands on her apron. "Did you sleep well?"

Bekah shook her head. "Scary thoughts invaded my mind and they wouldn't leave," she picked up two toothpicks and danced them around the table and then she snapped them and set them aside. "I want to go to the cops," she let the words rush out, almost like she did not want them to be heard, but she needed them to be said. She rested her eyes  on her palms and  waited for Amber's reply. Amber's silence made her slowly lift her head up,  her eyes met with Amber's angry brown eyes.

"You're scared, you're not thinking properly," Amber said and then she dished Bekah's food on a plate and placed it on the table, she pushed it in front of Bekah and poured her a cup of coffee. "We should suffer for what we did, we deserve it, when our tormentor is tired, his or her flimsy games will stop and our lives will go back to normal," she said.

"You don't know that."

Amber nodded and then she leaned on the table. "But what I do know is that if you keep saying crazy things you'll get yourself killed," Amber looked Bekah dead in the eye "don't go to the cops, and I'm saying this for your sake, not mine," she took Bekah's arms in hers ."We'll find a way out of this, so for now let's endure."

"But I don't deserve this," Bekah's voice broke.

"I know," Amber nodded, ''and I'm sure you will not suffer as much as the rest of us, so hold on tight, everything will be alright," Amber said, reassuringly. "I was proud of you yesterday,'' she smiled "you gave Rowan what she deserved."

Bekah sunk her chest and picked up her fork, she stabbed the sausage with it and then she brought it to her mouth "I'm not proud of what I did," she said before taking a bite from the juicy sausage. "I'm not a violent person," she added.

Amber nodded "but you're human and there's only so much a human being can take no matter how perfect they are. I wish I would've known this in high school, maybe I wouldn't have been so heartless," she sighed.

"You're a good person who made very bad mistakes," Bekah smiled. 

Just then, Emerson stepped into the kitchen, second later, Iris walked in. Emerson took the seat to Bekah's left and Iris took the set beside him. Amber was in the mood to be a very good hostess and so she served all of them.

"I dreamt about you last night," Emerson whispered into Bekah's ears. Bekah shifted her seat a bit further from his, and he shifted his seat to hers. He placed his hands on her thighs and she squealed and slapped it off. "You're adorable," he laughed and then he began eating.