Proving Her Words Right [OS]

“Ahh–An-chan–!” Kohane lightly gasped and huffed as she jumped around the pathway of rocks and running water. She looked up in awe to the roaring waterfall that was ahead of them. “It’s so pretty..!” She began to lift her camera up, snapping photos of the sight ahead of them.

An soon managed to stumble her way to where Kohane was, evidently not used to going on these kinds of expeditions but ultimately agreeing because..well, Kohane.

“Woah–It really is!” The waterfall was connected to a pond which contained all sorts of lily pads while being surrounded by all sorts of flowers and types of grasses. The pond also happened to be connected to the rushing waters of the river they were standing over.

During the days that she would’ve otherwise stayed in, she clinged onto Kohane as a sense of comfort. Although that is not considering the fact that there was nothing else to hold onto besides her girlfriend’s arm in the middle of nowhere. “I wonder..should this be in my nature collection or my travel blog..huh.” She muttered as she scrolled through the photos she took. An has never been into photography, so she just curiously peered over Kohane’s shoulder as she scrolled.

“Perhaps the blog?” An answered, both of their heads tilting up to look at one another.

“Blog it is—” She stuffed her camera back into her bag. “Now let’s go—” Before even making her first footstep, she froze. The bush behind them was very clearly moving around, as if something was within it and ready to pounce at them at any given moment. “An-chan..you should get behind me–” Kohane mentioned.

“Ah–for what–” She paused, spotting the appearance herself. Moving bush!? That could mean quite literally anything? A bear? The wind? The bush coming to li–nevermind..this isn’t a game. “Kohane..I read something about bears that you’re supposed to run..are we gonna die?”

Kohane’s stance was strong, as if she was actually prepared to tackle down a bear with a travel sized bag and a total height of 156 centimeters. She had her hand blocking An from the potential dangers.

“I’ll cue when to run–just stay behind me and I’ll protect you!” An would’ve otherwise fell straight into the water upon that response if she wasn’t holding onto Kohane for dear life.

The bush movement became more and more continuous, panic striking An consistently while Kohane still had her serious expression, which was hard to actually take seriously due to her soft features.

A figure appeared within it..

The figure in question was..

Aoyagi Toya.

Kohane blinked, then dropped her arms to her waist. “Oh my–uh–Toya? How are you?” Kohane initiated, An loudly sighed as she threw her arms over Kohane’s shoulders in relief.

Toya predicted the scenario without having to say anything, he just shrugged it off rather than pushing matters. “I’m good..I got lost, or Akito got lost..we got lost.” He replied, looking both directions behind him (Assuming that Akito would appear from the shadows).

“That’s not good.” Kohane looked towards her watch, which had a disconnected gps yet a perfectly functioning but paused subway surfers gameplay started by An. “That’s not good at all, actually.”

“Should we..go back, maybe?” Toya pointed, the pair now noticing the fact Toya was completely empty handed. The same Toya that showed up with five bags worth of items, meaning it shouldn’t be hard to track down the man lifting twenty pounds of travel gear or potentially sitting next to a tree in defeat after attempting to do so.

“Yes, we should get going before sunset.” Kohane nodded, guiding the group back through the bushes, which wasn’t hard with them clinging like some sort of train.

Throughout the trip, An was just in complete shock on how Kohane managed to carry the situation from a potential animal attack to an Akito lost in the wild. She was not only surprised but may have possibly fallen in love again, which was a twice a week event so not too out of the ordinary.

Kohane’s growing bravery was another thing that left An in complete awe, wearing a continuous smile on her face for the days following simply by remembering it. Not just any smile, the type where she stupidly squeals and before Akito could ask what was wrong, she’d spill out every single detail of the event and he’s reminded yet again why Vivid Bad Squad no longer plans camping expeditions.

---

Attached image below: Bearyagi Toya