Chapter 21. Yoriichi Type Zero

"Go away! I'm not handing my key over, no matter what! And I definitely ain't teaching you how to use it"

A kid argued.

'What's happening? Are they arguing? Eavesdropping is rude but if they're fighting I have to intervene'

Tanjiro thought.

Suddenly the Mist Hashira slapped the kid, he started to fall down to the ground as Tanjiro in a swift motion, grabbed the kid and sat him down by a tree.

"What are you doing?!"
Tanjiro yelled.

"Your movements are fast, who are you?"
Muichiro asked.

Ignoring him, Tanjiro turned to the kid.

"Hey are you okay?"
Tanjiro asked the kid as the child slapped his hand away.

"G-get off me"
The kid yelled.

"I will not hand this key over to anyone even under torture"
He continued.

"Have you ever been in torture? Even most adults can't endure it let alone a child like you"
Muichiro said.

"You see, a Hashira's time is way more important than yours, many people have died by now just because of you mere sword smith, Demon Slayers fight for the humanity while you are only good for forging swords"
Muichiro said in an insulting tone.

"Hand over...the key"
Muichiro continued with a creepy voice as he extended his hand.

Tanjiro hits his hand and puts it aside.
"I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING BETWEEN YOU TWO BUT AT LEAST TRY TO BE A LITTLE CONSIDERATE, THIS IS A FIGHT BETWEEN ALL OF US, WE ARE HERE BECAUSE THEY FORGE OUR SWORDS"
Tanjiro yelled at Muichiro.

Muichiro tries to knock Tanjiro out by chopping his neck but Tanjiro evades the strike and punches the Mist Hashira in the stomach, in the end Tanjiro won.

Tanjiro then turned over to look at the kid.
"Hey what's your name?"
Tanjiro asked.

"K-kotetsu"
The boy said, still fearful of the Hashira.

"Now could you tell me what was all of that about Kotetsu?"
Tanjiro asked.

The boy seemed hesitant.
"Don't worry you can trust me"
Tanjiro smiled.

"Well, this is a doll made by my ancestors from the Sengoku Jidai"
He said.

Tanjiro looks up at the doll.
'Wait...I have seen this swordsman before'

"Is it weird to say that I've seen this man before?"Tanjiro says in a whisper

Tanjiro says in a whisper.

Kotetsu hears him and immediately jumps up.

"OH IT COULD BE AN INHERITED MEMORY!"
He says.

"What do you mean?"
Tanjiro asks.

"Well it could be a memory from your ancestors, it's heavily talked about in the village"
Kotetsu says.