Chapter 23. The Four Emotions

Previously...

Muichiro glances to the corner of his eye as he hears a loud bang.
He looks to see a little kid.
There is a large fish demon in front of him.
'Judging by its appearance, it's not the original body, an art, if the village is under attack, I have to hurry and protect the chief and the experienced ones'

'That's a child, he is inexperienced in his craft, saving him is low priority'
Tokito thinks until he remembers Tanjiro's words.
"Helping someone else also ends up being beneficial for you at the end of the day"
Tanjiro's voice echoes through his mind.

The kid is about to be eaten by the Blood Demon Art.

Muichiro, In a flash, cuts up the fish demon's arms and grabs the kid putting him behind his back while holding a defensive stance...

Present Time.

Muichiro, in a swift motion, swings his sword at the fish demon's neck, though it doesn't disintegrate and keeps on attacking...

'I was right, it is a Blood Demon Art'
Muichiro says as he finds a way to kill the demon in front of him, his eyes are drawn at a strange vase at the top of the fish, Muichiro strikes at the point, slicing it in two.

'It was gaining its lower from that vase'

The fish starts to turn into ashes, carried away by the wind.

The child that Muichiro saved earlier comes out of hiding from the bushes and clings onto him.

"WAAAHH I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD TONIGHT, I WAS A GONER, WAAH I AM SORRY FOR CALLING YOU A KELPHEAD"
The kid cried out.

"You called me a kelphead?"
Muichiro questioned.

He pauses for a moment.
"I AM SORRY I DIDN'T LIKE YOU BEFORE"
The kid said.

"I am going now, so go back to whatever you were doing"
Tokito said as he started to walk out.

"Wait! Kanamori-san's under attack, Haganezuka's been working on that blade nonstop, even if we delay for a second it might be too late so please!"
The kid shouted.

"No, I..."
Muichiro was about to speak as suddenly he remembered something...

"Focus on survival for now, you might be confused but as long as you're alive you can still do something. Things which may seem trivial will end up clearing the mist in your head"
Tokito remembers a memory in which he was heavily injured as Oyakata stood beside him...

Tokito grabs the kid and starts running at high speeds.
"Speak and you might end up biting your tongue off"
He says to the kid as the child attempts to speak.

'If I do this, will I be able to save the entire village? No, I can, I was acknowledged by Oyakata-sama, I am the Mist Hashira, Tokito Muchiro!'

With Tanjiro.

Tanjiro was fighting off the winged demon, The winged demon attempts to bite at Tanjiro but he ends up getting his mouth sliced off, the mouth further divides into two parts and starts to produce shockwaves, Tanjiro realizes that each time they split up, they get weaker, they're at their peak at four, but if they divide any further, they weaken.