Entrancing Luna

Dead Chuuya AU

Kunikida dreams of the day he could hold his dear lover once more. Where he could admire the male's beauty & listen to his soothing yet harsh voice. To be able to wake up with him in his arms once again as he smiles softly.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Third person Pov

Looking up into the abyss that is the night sky, littered with freckles of stars upon it, Kunikida sighed, staring solemnly up at the dark sky. The wind caressed the dirty blonde's face, his hair following the cool night breeze. Kunikida could not sleep. Of course he couldn't, after knowing that it already has been a year since his partner, his dear friend whom he had admired, had left this place as he sacrificed himself to protect the city that they all love & grew up in. The full moon was present, illuminating the dark sky. Kunikida smiled softly,

"Oh, Chuuya would have loved to see this. He had always admired the bright beautiful moon..."

Kunikida reminisces the times where Chuuya would always happily grab the arm of the detective, dragging him out whenever the night sky was being blessed by the appearance of the moon- especially that of a full moon.

"The moon is still as beautiful as ever, isn't it?"

Chuuya would have muttered, with a smile on his face, eyes sparkling at the sight of it. Kunikida who would always stare longingly at Chuuya's face, basking under the moonlight, replies softly & endearingly,

"Indeed, it is, Chuu."

Kunikida, knowing full well that Nakahara Chuuya is a Port Mafia executive, he knew that his feelings for the male is considered sinful. He shouldn't be fraternizing with a fellow member of the PM- much less an executive. But he couldn't not fall for the strawberry-blonde/ginger haired male in front of him. Somehow, in that dark, brutal world he lives in, Chuuya manages to still be filled with light, the star of the PM. He loves & cares for his subordinates, treating them as his friends, his family despite the vile, violent nature of the Port Mafia. Outside of work, he's even more so, one could say, an angel. He would every so often visit the orphanages & the slums around the area, giving out food & toys for the kids to play with. He also provided them with clothes & made sure all were educated with the basics. Kunikida had accompanied him that one time they went to the slums- the one where Chuuya & Dazai first met, the one where the Akutagawa siblings used to live in. Kunikida saw how all the young children there came running up to Chuuya with such joy & love in their faces, as if their big brother had finally come home from war. Seeing how Chuuya interacted with the kids had made Kunikida's perception of the petite mafia executive change entirely. 

---

Standing up, he decided to pay a visit to the cemetery. Walking up to the farthest part of it, he placed Chuuya's birth flower on his grave, which was right beside Arthur Rimbaud's & his other close friends from the Mafia, The Flags. Kneeling, he placed a hand on Chuuya's grave. 

"Hey, Chuu. I apologise for not visiting earlier like I used to. I... It's just different today. After all, it is your death anniversary. It's been a year without you, Chuuya. Dazai, although he doesn't show it, but I know he blames himself for your death. Moreover, he came by my apartment today, his eyes were, well, I didn't think I ever him have such dull eyes before. It was just dark & he seemed out of it, he couldn't find the will to hide how broken he was. I managed to reassure him & uh, ha, that idiot fell asleep on my bed. I've been taking care of him after your...passing."

He remained silent for a few moments, a soft smile etched on his face, recalling the brunette's sleeping figure on his bed. 

"I promise you. I'll take good care of him, even better than before. I'll ensure that I have a spot saved in my schedule for Dazai. Not only is he your best friend, but he is my work partner too. Chuuya, my dear, I hope...no, I know, that you'll look out for us. Wherever you are, I know that you're looking after us like a guardian angel. Hah, it almost feels as if you really are by my side at this very moment."

Feeling the chills from his right side, he swore he felt a slight weight on his shoulder. As if someone had rested their head on his shoulder. The familiar scent of cigarettes with a mix of wine, alongside this sweet-smelling cologne, filled Kunikida's nostrils. A sure indication that Chuuya was indeed with him. Kunikida sat on the ground, staring at the name etched on the gravestone. Nakahara Chuuya. Kunikida could only rewind those precious moments with his beloved. They had done many different activities despite the fact that it only had been 4 years when they got together. Kunikida had initially wanted to propose to Chuuya but, he was just a little too late. He should have proposed sooner but he didn't think that it'd be ideal to propose so early into the relationship.

The wind blowed, leaves rustling, the trees swaying harmoniously. Kunikida pulled out the proposal ring. Staring at it for a few seconds as that ring, had their names engraved on them- before he placed it on Chuuya's grave.

"I should get going, Chuu. Kyouka mentioned that she'll be dropping by soon with Atsushi & Akutagawa. Those kids really miss you a lot. Especially Akutagawa. Well, Chuu, continue to watch over us, yeah? I love you Chuuya."

With that, Kunikida stood up & left the area, not wanting to linger any longer as he feared that he won't ever part ways. It was hard on him to leave the area, but he always reminded himself that Chuuya's grave won't be going anywhere. He reminded himself that all is well, and it will be. After all, Kunikida, despite being rather skeptical with such religious figures, tales, he believes that Chuuya, is indeed him & Dazai's little guardian angel, their Entrancing Luna in a dark cold night.