4

Just a few islands away from Sakuranbo, we encounter Udojima; One of the most undervalued spots for tourism in the Grand Line. Given its diminished size, it wasn't easy to be spotted on high-scale maps, yet its fertile ground, gorgeous landscapes and laidback lifestyle attracted thousands of visitors, specially on spring.

Its lively capital, Shiru, was famous for its rich culture and diversity. Yet, there was a teeny-weeny detail you had to consider if you planned to spend your next vacation there: 

It was infested with bounty-hunters.

Right at the city's centre lay a secluded alley where they all gathered, preparing themselves for their arduous journeys. One of its most popular spots was a small tavern, which's atmosphere was somewhat chaotic, yet its vintage decorations added a slightly mellow touch.

"Oi. Pass me your strongest liquor, will ya?"

On the counter sat a robust stripling, next to which a young, ebony-haired woman chugged carelessly on a bottle of sake. As soon as the youngster received his drink, he cockily leaned towards the maiden's side.

"So... what's a lovely little lassie you doing here all by herself, eh?"

"Uh, drinking?" She eyed him contemptuously. 

"Oh, I see. Maybe you could use some company..."

With a grin, he dangerously scooted his hand towards her thigh, his intentions clear.

"What do you say, gorgeous?"

"Over my dead body."

All of the sudden, she pulled out a sword, drawing bemused glances from the rest of clients. Some of them rose from their seats, cheering and repeatedly slamming their tables. 

"Fight! Fight! Fight!!"

The youngster swallowed hard as the blade was only inches away from his throat. The damsel took a moment to enjoy her viewers' encouragement before turning towards her victim with a grin.

"Sorry. 'Gotta give the public what they want."

Seconds later, she made her way out of the bar, completely soaked in blood. Mothers shielded their children's eyes and passersby kept their distance, their faces pale at the sight before them.

She ambled through the cobblestone pavements with an air of confidence, her greenish mane swaying with each step. She finally arrived at her destination: a small hostel nestled between the city's exuberant buildings.

As she headed to her room, her gaze shifted between her imbrued sword and the path ahead. With a yawn, she closed the door behind her and lay sprawled on the downy bed, her eyes drooping with exhaustion. 

"Another shitty day, as ever." 

Right before she succumbed into sleep, a soft thud on the casement made her tired eyes widen. With a groan, she forced herself to her feet, sliding it open to find a News Coo. 

Snatching the newspaper from its beak, she brusquely shut the window with a scowl before perfunctorily eyeing the print. 

Surprisingly, only one out of many articles actually caught her attention. 

"Monkey D. Junko, 360,000,000 berries..." 

She felt like if heaven itself had come down and smiled at her. Her expression lit up, a sudden wave of determination emanating from her being. 

"This is it..." 

It was it. Her opportunity. Her holy grail. Her chance to prove herself as worthy of her acknowledged surname: