11

As dawn broke over the horizon, a soft golden hue spread across the vast desert kingdom. It was a morning filled with anticipation and excitement, heralding the start of the royal heir's special day amidst the timeless beauty of Alabasta.

Boutiques brimmed with exuberant bachelorettes in search for the perfect attire, each hoping to catch the eye of the remarkably handsome prince. The salespeople, seasoned in the art of diplomacy, adeptly navigated their tantrums and whims with unwavering grace. 

Meanwhile, within the grand corridors of the Alabasta palace, the bustling preparations for Shinji's birthday took place. Igaram, ever the meticulous caretaker, guided him through the maze of palace chambers, ensuring every detail of his attire and appearance was flawless for the day's festivities.

"Your highness, are you sure that vest is fastened properly?" 

"Relax, Igaram-san." Shinji chuckled. "I'm pretty sure the maids knew what they were doing."

"If you insist. But how about that cape? Isn't it too heavy?"

"I'm used to it. Besides, it's not like I'll do much throughout the day."

"You're being too confident, Shinji-sama. Allow me to remind you that you're now officially an adult. There'll be a shift in your responsibilities as a prince, which is why I advise you to handle situations more cautiously."

"I know, I know. But I have everything under control, I promise." 

"Alright then." He clasped his hands together. "Let's head for breakfast, shall we? Your parents are awaiting your arrival."

"Alright... Race you to the dining hall!"

The young prince's antics never failed to bring a smile to his escort's face. He might've gone through a lot, but even in the direst of times, his humility and charisma served as a reminder of how there was always a flicker of hope amidst the chaos.

"Ah, kids these days." Igaram shook his head before following suit.

...

"Juice box."

"Yes, Junko. You have a juice box."

"Empty."

"Yeah, it's empty. What do you want me to do about it?"

"Un-empty it." The raven-haired held up the carton, eliciting a heavy sigh from the swordswoman. 

"Kuina-san? A we near land yet?" Junsui grunted. "I don't feel so good..."

"I'd appreciate if you'd be more grateful we were lucky enough to find a boat."

"Yeah, a sloop." Megumi, who had recently retrieved her consciousness, rolled her eyes. "Like if a trawler wouldn't have been a better option."

"Oi, we almost died back there. Besides, we were lucky enough that it had a first aid kit for your little 'scathe'." 

"Let's not start arguing..." Junsui slumped against the side of the boat, clutching his stomach. "Remind me why I agreed to come with you?"

"Juice box." 

"We know, we know."

The sloop rocked gently on the shimmering expanse of the sea, a humble vessel with weathered wood and frayed ropes, seemed dwarfed by the endless ocean around it. Gulls cried overhead, their calls echoing in the vast emptiness, adding to the despair of the semi-crew.