14

As soon as the first rays of sunlight hit her skin, the raven-haired jolted upright from her bed. She immediately headed to the dining area, where the rest of her crewmates had some sort of brunch, given the relatively late hour. 

All windows were open, the ocean's salty breeze freshening up the room. Amidst the clattering cutlery and chitchat, they indulged in reheated pancakes, succulent fruit trays and Honey's homemade blueberry jam. 

"Good morning, Junko!" The blonde took both her hands, dragging her towards the table. "Come sit with us!" 

"Honey." She pulled away, using her hands to emphasize her words. "Light man!" 

"Light man?" Junsui tilted his head. "What's that?" 

"Tall." Junko remarked, her gestures becoming more exaggerated. "I saw him." 

"It was probably a dream." Xavier, who was thumbing through one of his books, paused to survey the exchange. "From what I've noticed, your friend has a rather particular way of expressing herself." 

"Xavier, be nice!" Honey scowled, elbowing him brusquely. "She sounds normal to me!"

In that moment, another figure emerged from the hallway: It was Shinji, whose cheerful demeanor could take away the remnants of sleep faster than coffee could. 

"Good morning, everyone!" He greeted, clapping Xavier's back."Get a break, bookworm. We wouldn't want your head to swell from all that knowledge!" 

"Thanks for the observation..." The bloke rolled his eyes, adjusting his glasses.

"Oi, don't get all serious. I'm just playing with you!"

"Shinji!" Junko dashed towards him, her eyes wide with urgency. "Light man!"

"Oh really? Tell me more." Shinji chuckled, his voice tinged with amusement.

Junko's brow furrowed as she tried to recall the details. "It was in my dream... or maybe not a dream. Tall, taller than Koby-sama." 

"Who's that Koby-sama you're always yapping about?" Megumi asked, her voice tinged with amusement. "He sounds important."

"Guardian." Junko said matter-of-factly. "Helmeppo-sama too." 

"Oh, I see." Shinji gave her a genial smile. "By the way... where's Mrs. Bushido?" 

"Maybe she's a late riser?" Junsui nibbled on a pancake. "Though she hasn't been feeling very well. I'm doing everything I can." 

"And we appreciate it." Shinji ruffled his hair. "I just hope she's alright." 

"We'll find out soon enough." Xavier rose from his seat. "By now, we should be closer to our destination."

"And where are you taking us, exactly?" Megumi arched an eyebrow.

"Tsubaki, the land of medicine." Honey answered for him. "Our caretaker used to tell us stories of the times she went there. She was a revolutionary, so she traveled often." 

"A revolutionary, huh?" Shinji folded his arms, leaning against a wall. "My mom was one too."

"Land of medicine? Whoa..." Junsui's face lit up with interest. "I wonder if they have any useful textbooks..."

Just then, Kuina walked in, scratching her arm as she slumped nonchalantly into a nearby couch. Shinji approached her with a grin, intending to jokingly startle her. 

"Don't even think about it." She snarled. 

"You're such a fusspot." Shinji shook his head."Can't take a little prank?"