Chapter 26

▪️A L A R I C▪️

The weight of knowing that Cedric had been the one to end our parents' lives pressed down on me like a mountain.

It was a truth that twisted in the depths of my soul, a wound that began to fester as we plunged headlong into battle. But amidst the chaos and carnage, there was no time for mourning, no space for the grief that threatened to consume me whole. We were thrust into the heart of conflict, my blade and magic my only solace in the face of such overwhelming loss and betrayal.

With each passing moment, Cedric's features began to change, his form becoming more radiant and ethereal as the ancient power of the Fae Queen flowed through him. It was a chilling revelation, one that sent a shiver down my spine as I realized the extent of Cedric's treachery.

How he had come to be in league with the dark spirit, I could not fathom, but the implications were clear: he had been working with her all along, using her dark power to fuel his own ambitions.

The sight of Queen Nissa sent a chill through my bones, her dark eyes gleaming with malevolent intent as she surveyed the battlefield. It was a terrifying sight, one that filled me with a sense of dread unlike anything I had ever known. She had lent Cedric a power unlike any we had faced before, a power that had brought us to the brink of destruction.

Her presence alone was a grim reminder of the ancient tales passed down through generations—the stories of her reign of terror that had nearly wrecked the Isle of Wrobel eons ago. Legends spoke of her insatiable thirst for power and her relentless pursuit of dominance. Now, as her shadow loomed large over us once more, I could not help but feel a sense of awe and fear at the magnitude of her power.

The ancient Fae Queen was a force of nature, an entity beyond mortal comprehension, and she had chosen Cedric as her vessel to wreak havoc upon our world once more.

As she drew closer to my brother's prone form, her ethereal presence seemed to loom over him like a spectre of doom. It was clear that she held him in her thrall, her dark influence twisting his mind and soul to serve her own nefarious purposes.

Baldur stepped forward, his voice resonating with authority amidst the eerie silence that enveloped the battlefield. "Queen Nissa," he boomed, his tone unwavering, "the orcs have faced your darkness before and emerged victorious. No matter what happens, we will not cower before you now."

"Ah, a descendent of Mogakh the Malevolent, how nice..." Queen Nissa's dark eyes gleamed with malice as she regarded him, a twisted smirk curling the corners of her lips. "Your kind may have bested me once, but you underestimate the depths of my power. You are but mere insects," she chuckled, her voice dripping with scorn.

I watched as Baldur's grip tightened on his sword; his resolve unshaken by her taunts.

"We may be insects," he growled, "but even the smallest creature can bring down a giant when united in purpose. We will not falter in the face of your tyranny. The orcs and Fae stand together and we will fight until our last breath."

With a contemptuous laugh, she raised her hand, her dark energy crackling with malevolence. "So be it," she hissed, her voice echoing. "Let the final reckoning begin!"

As Queen Nissa's laughter reverberated through the air; the battlefield erupted into chaos once more. With Cedric as her vessel, she became a whirlwind of destruction, her every movement sending shockwaves rippling through the ranks of our forces.

The rebels and other dark creatures rallied to her side. Together, they unleashed a relentless onslaught upon us, their combined strength and dark magic tearing through our defences like a tempest unleashed.