Chapter9: One small issue

[Day 16]

Meme:So you're telling me that the machine here can't revive people?

Samson:Yes and no.

Meme:What?

Samson:So basically the machine can heal injuries if the host is alive. Reviving would be completely different.

Meme:So can we revive the others or not?

Samson:Well I have a software update installing but it is also connected to the material cargo space so its building a revive thing.

Samson:It will take a week though so we have to wait.

Meme:Oh boy.

Samson:*Gets up* Well I'll have to head to the bridge cause I got a warning on my thing.

Meme:*Waves* Alright then bye.

Samson:*Waves back * Bye!

Samson:*Walking* Now that we are headed to Polus soon. I think that my Data displayed can come in handy.

Samson:Oh yeah, I lost it a while ago. Still do wonder where it went.

Samson:*Stops* Well no worry as I don't need it for now.

Samson:*Enters bridge and sits down* Alright then, Computer lease check periapsis and make sure we aren't coming too close to the sun.

Samson:*Looks out window* Sun's getting a lot closer than I had thought before.

Computer:Periapsis is at 3,000,000 million miles from the surface of the sun.

Samson:What?! Computer when did the altitude drop so much?

Computer:3 months, 1 week, 2 days, 5 hours ago. asteroid collision threw off orbit along with rcs failure leading to massive periapsis drop.

Samson:Alright prepare an RCS and Ion engine for periapsis realignment.

Computer:Periapsis is already at maximum altitude and more increase will drain all remaining fuel.

Samson:*Spins in chair* Well, is there any other way?

Computer:Any other attempt at periapsis increase will require sectors CS2 , CS3 , and GM3 to be released. This will drop fuel amount to 34%.

Samson:Can't the ship be angled facing away from the sun and use the engines?

Computer:Maneuver will add 2 weeks to missions and drop fuel to 31%. All other maneuvers will not be possible due to circumstances at the moment.

Samson:*Continues spinning in chair*So what will happen if we hit our periapsis?

Computer:Internal temperature will increase by 20°F which will set internal temperature to 120°F Without cooling systems. Cooling system will turn it to 100°F at periapsis if running at maximum efficiency.

Samson:If the reactor in the Skeld is also included how much will the temperature be?

Computer 80°F.

Samson:Alright, computer connect the electrical system of the Skeld to the ship.

Computer:System is now being connected.

Samson:*Stops spinning chair* Well this will be an issue.

Samson:*Gets up* Now the first issue is with the revival system , my second issue is with the periapsis being way too low, and now my third issue is that the station has suffered some damage.

Samson:*Walks over to station map* I wish someone could help me but everyone else already has problems of their own.

Samson:*Looks over map* Well anything that if I did ditch behind that could increase the periapsis is just too important.