Chapter10: Well earned break

[Day 17]

Samson:*Spinning in chair* Next when we land the vehicle will have to first do a survey of the area and then.

*Knocking*

Samson:*Slows down spinning* Come in!

Nadwe:*Muffled* It's locked!

Samson:Oh unlock BR1

*Door slides open*

Nadwe:*Walks in* Hey Samson.

*Door slides closed*

Samson:*Still spinning* What you want?

Nadwe:*Sits on nearby chair* Well wictoria wanted me to talk to you about something since she was working on something with Meme.

Samson:*Stops spinning* So what is it?

Nadwe:Some of us have been wondering about why you haven't slept for 4 days. Also because you've been working on the mission way too much to the point where you can't even talk to us straight.

Samson:Well that is true, I haven't slept at all for four days not even considering the fact that I now have multiple problems that really only I am able to fix.

Samson:*Leans back on chair*Well I can't get a break since no one here knows how to operate the ship.

Nadwe:Well can't you just put the ship on autopilot?

Samson:Well the ship is managing multiple things on its own already and I need to manage the thing to check any things that can't be done autonomously.

Nadwe:So why don't you just develop a program that does those tasks?

Samson:Well I can do so but on my own it would take 4 days.

Nadwe:Well what are things that need to be done?

Samson:Well first monitoring the flight path , then managing crew , then maintaining any issues within the ship that a computer can't do like ring management. And some other things.

Nadwe:Well why can't the computer manage stuff like that?

Samson:So managing crew is something that the computer is not built for as it is expected to monitor crew that are from the same universe as me along with intelligence and skills.So no offense, you guys are not really fit for the computer's expectations.

Samson:Flight path is mainly managed by computer but yet has some parts that have to be maintained by me which can include the destination , contact with NASA , ect.

Samson:And maintaining stuff required a person to be checking if all the data is correct.

Nadwe:Oh.

Samson:So you see why I can't get a break?

Nadwe:Well is one day of non maintenance that bad?

Samson:Well now if you are saying one day no but this is like 1 week of non maintenance which could lead to the entire ship failing.

Nadwe:So why don't you take a break tomorrow and then Socks and the others can help try and maintain it for a day.

Samson:*Leans back even more on chair* Oh that could work!

Nadwe:Well then we ha-

Samson:*Falls off chair* oooOOOOHH!

Samson:*Collapses* Ow god dammit!

Nadwe:*Looks over* You ok?

Samson:*Laying on ground* Yeah.

Samson:*Gets up* Alright thanks for helping Nad!