4

We stood up, hesitant to open the door.

Zak walked towards it but I stopped him, "What are you doing?!" I whisper shouted.

"Going to open the door, what else does it look like?" he said and continued walking. I followed but he told me to stay back.

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk with him. I heard him sigh and smirked to myself. He peeped through the window and took a breath of relief. He rushed to the door and opened it.

Standing there was Luke and two other boys. One boy was injured, having Luke and the other one hold him up.

"What took so long man."  Luke said, rushing through and laying the boy on the couch.

I locked the door and stared.

"What happened to him?" Zak asked.

"I don't know but we were at a party and next minute everyone was running. Bring me a first aid box," he rambled.

"Kitchen, first bottom drawer." Zak looked at me and said.

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the box, bringing it back to Luke. He snatched it and continued, "Anyway, as I was running out, Cody here and I found Jackson laying on the ground, bleeding. So we brought him here."

Jackson had a nasty wound on his abdomen. I almost gagged looking at it.

“Don't we have any cleaning alcohol?" Luke asked while digging in the box.

"Not any that I know of other than the one that's supposed to be in there." Zak replied. "Wait, I have something." he said and ran off into the kitchen.

He came back with a bottle of Smirnoff.

Holy shit.

"Okay this is gonna hurt like shit so you hold his hands, Cody hold his legs and I'll have to hold his stomach still." Zak ordered.

"Who's gonna drop the thing in it?" Luke asked.

He looked to me which made the other two look at me too.

"Oh god." I said.

I walked forward and grabbed the bottle, unscrewing the top, "Tell me when."

Zak nodded and Cody stared.

"Okay now."

I tilted the bottle onto the opened wound and Jackson began to shake and scream. Cody, Zak and Luke held him as tight as possible. I poured more and he stopped shaking, passing out from the pain. I took a bandage quickly and wrapped it around his stomach tightly.

"He's out cold." Zak said checking the boy.

"Yeah the pain was pretty intense." Lucas said and sat on the sofa, taking a swig out of the alcohol.

The room was quiet now.

"Luke did you see the video that Adam sent in the group chat?" Zak asked slowly, breaking the silence.

Luke stayed silent and took another sip and nodded, "Fuck the video, I saw it happening right infront of me man." he sat forward and put his head down.

I stood by the fireplace listening, keen to hear what he had to say.

"Man there were fucking people being eaten. By other people. What the fuck. I didn't believe my eyes. And I-I would've got eaten too but lucky for Cody here I didn't. He pulled me away when that... thing tried to come at me."

"Thanks Cody." Zak sniffed and said.

I looked over at Cody who stood by the window, leaning against it. He intimidated me, but not in a bad way, I think. He had black hair that was a little above his shoulder and he had green eyes that highlighted his 'dead' eyes. He looked badass.

He caught me staring and looked back, making me whip my head back quickly.

"Where's mom?" Luke finally asked.

I gulped and looked at Zak.

"Luke she..." he began.

"She turned into one of them hasn't she?" he said slowly, slamming the bottle onto the table and letting his head fall in his hands again.

"She tried to come after Andrea. So I had to lock her out."

"After who?" he looked up confusingly and asked.

"Andrea." Zak answered and nodded his head to me.

He made a disgusted face, "What the hell are you doing here."

I raised my eyebrows when he said 'you'. Oh he was still an asshole. "I'm not sure if it's the drugs or just the fact that you're stupid as fuck but yesterday your mom told us to come here at 9."

He stared at me and I caught Cody's eye, and I swear I saw him smirk at the remark.

"Fuck you." he said and walked upstairs.

I sighed and collapsed on the couch.

"I'll keep watch." Cody said abruptly, taking a dining chair and a knife to sit by the window.

Zak nodded at me and walked upstairs too.

I stayed down, too worried to go to sleep but too tired to stay awake. Eventually I fell asleep on the couch, thinking about my family and whether they were safe or not.