Chapter 22

JANES POV

I sit in my bedroom, already dressed and ready for whatever Jeff has planned. I put on black stockings, black flats, and some perfume. It's probably around twelve-thirty. I sit down on my bed and cross my legs as I play on my phone.

A knock on the door pulls me out of my trance. I stand up and walk to my door. I open it up to see Jeff standing there with a bag in his hand. He smiles at me and moves out of the doorway. I follow him out and we walk downstairs.

"Jeffery," Slender's loud voice stops us both at the bottom of the stairs.

Jeff looks annoyed like he's in a rush but he turns to look at Slender in the kitchen. "I need to speak to you when you get back." Jeff nods and continues walking to the door.

I wave toward Sally who is sitting on the couch with Nina. She waves back excitedly. I chuckle as I turn to see Jeff waiting for me in the threshold. I walk outside, into the bitter cold.

It's quite chilly today. December is only a few days away. We don't speak as I follow him into the woods. It's a comfortable silence. I smile lightly as I watch the birds through the trees.

We make it to a cleared area. It's absolutely beautiful, the dead-like grey grass making it look serene. "This place is beautiful," I say, looking over the pond with the old bridge over it. The clouded sky reflecting off the pond. "Where'd you find this place?" I ask as I see him walk over to an already cleared area.

Completely bare of the old, dead leaves that covered the rest of the ground. "Last night when I went to get the stuff for this," he replies, setting the bag in his hands down and pulling out a blanket. He lays the blanket flat on the ground and pats it for me to sit. I nod and walk over to sit down. I sit down and feel the blanket under my bare thighs. The soft fabric felt nice under my body.

He pulls out more stuff, laying them down beside me on the blanket. "Never thought you'd be this way, into all this," I chuckle. "Oh, you know, you know me front and back," he chuckles as he finishes setting up and sits down. "I do, but you've changed, we've all changed." He chuckles and opens all the food. I sit crisscrossed facing him. "I hope I remembered everything you like." I smiled and lifted my mask off my face. I looked over all the food spewed out onto the blanket.

Most of it is my favorite foods, like watermelon, strawberries, sugar cookies, chips, my favorite candies, and lastly lemonade to drink. I smiled lightly, "You did well." He smiles again and looks out to the water.

I reach over and grab a strawberry, taking a big bite of it. I hummed as it melted into my mouth. Jeff looked at me and smiled.

I finished eating the strawberry and looked at Jeff. He was now staring at me. Just watching. "Aren't you going to eat anything?" I asked. "Oh, yeah," He grabs a bag of chips and opens it. I turn and look out to the pond. The waters are glistening. I hear the chip bag being placed down from behind me and I turn back.

"I actually wanted to talk to you." I tilt my head but nod, letting him continue. "Uhm, I already told you this but you know I like you, right?" I nod. "I remember, you told me."

"Well..." He rubs the back of his neck like he's nervous.

Jeff's never been nervous around me.

"I thought that maybe this could be a date, I thought you would like it."

"I do, this place is beautiful." He chuckles as I look up at the sky. "But a date?" I ask looking back at him. "Yeah," I smile and pick something else to eat. "Is this what I think this is?" I chuckle as I continue eating. "Maybe?" He says it more like a question. I smile and let him continue. "But uhm, would you maybe want to b-"