𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

[DATE?]

[DATE?]

[Name] pov...

It's a week later and I still have these moments of jealousy with Akaashi.

I am trying my best to ignore it and act normal but oh my it's difficult.

Seeing him spending time with Yamiko is annoying me. He comes over less and less. It's his own decision but also, why hasn't he told me anything about her?

This is a first in our friendship but he doesn't usually hide things from me.

Currently (bff/n) and I are at the convenience store. Her and Kō are hanging out and instead of third wheeling I asked Akaashi to come over a little later.

"Are you sure you're fine with me hanging out with Kōtarō, (f/n)?" (Bff/n) asks me for the millionth time.

"Yes don't worry (bff/n). I'll be with Akaashi." I flash her a thumbs up.

She nods and we leave the store.

On my way home I get a text from Akaashi.

From: Akaashi
Hey. Sorry I can't come
over, something came up.

Great.

It's whatever, I'll just relax in my room. I'm not going to tell my brother or (bff/n) because they'll just try to include me in their date. Sweet but pass.

We soon get home and I head to my room. Tired from the day.

I change out of my uniform and into something more comfortable.

I look in the mirror and see my scars. From my abdominal surgery from my wounds. My knuckles.

So crazy to me that a couple months ago my biggest problem was my psychotic stalker ex and now it's something so simple.

Akaashi is getting closer to other people. It is normal and I should be happy he is comfortable doing so. But I can't help but feel like he is replacing me.

Sounds so dumb when I think about it like that. We have gone through so much together. He too survived my psychotic stalker ex.

My thoughts are interrupted by (Bff/n) knocking on my door.

"I take it Akaashi is not coming?"She shakes her head.

"What do you mean?"

"Yamiko posted this on her story. That's Akaashi's ring which means it's his hand, which means they're together right now." Okay detective.

"Okay, first why do you follow her? And second you are right." I raise an eyebrow at (bff/n).

"Followed her the moment I realized you were feeling off about them together..." She continues "...I needed to stay informed for you. And yes I am always right." She smiles.

"Well, whatever honestly. Just wish he would have told me instead of saying "something came up" you know?" I shrug.

She nods and rubs me gently on the back before the door bell rings. It's our takeout.

——The Next day...

Okay can't say I'm angry, more so annoyed.  Like why did he keep this from me? Easily could have said I made plans with Yamiko. Like he's obviously involved with her somehow, everyone can see that.

"Hello? (N/n)?" My brother calls out.

"Sorry Kō. I got distracted." I focus more on what he was saying.

"You're good. I was asking why didn't Akaashi end up coming over yesterday."

"He said something came up." I put air quotes on that last part.

"Weird but okay." Exactly.

It is currently Lunch time. (Bff/n) and Akaashi both are not here. (Bff/n) because of a club and Akaashi I haven't the slightest clue. Seems it's like that a lot these days.

So Kōtarō and I are eating lunch together as usual. I can tell he senses my uneasiness but holds his tongue for when I bring it up. At my own time, he knows it easier for me to open up that way.

Soon lunch wraps up and I see a familiar face approach us.

"Hi (F/n) can I walk you to class?" Konoha asks.

"Okay, bye Kō." We start walking towards my math class.

I'm so much in my mind that I can barely hear what Konoha is telling me. I hear the word date and my mind clears.

"I'm sorry, I've been dealing with something so I'm out of it. Can you repeat that?"

"I was saying that I've always thought you were really pretty and thoughtful so I wanted to take you on a date if you are okay with that." He smiles.

"I was holding off because of Akaashi but he's been hanging around Yamiko lately so." He begins trailing off, & I'm left confused.

"Why holding off? We are just friends."

"Does he know that?" He raises an eyebrow, looking genuinely confused.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm not getting in the middle of that. Just think about it and you can give me an answer later." We stop walking as we have arrived to my classroom.

I nod and head into class.

Weird?

I mean a date with Konoha wouldn't be bad per se. I'm just so confused right now, I don't know if it's a good idea.

——At Club...

I'm not helping today at practice which is good because this irritation in my chest keeps growing. I'm scared it would reflect in my actions.

I just sit in the office, drafting emails and making some charts for drills.

Soon enough it's time to go. Everyone leaves and I shut the lights off in the office.

"There you are, (F/n)." Akaashi approaches me.

"Oh now you want to talk?" That came off way more venomous than I intended.

"What do you mean?"

"Why'd you flake yesterday?"

"Something came up like I said." He shrugs, but avoids my gaze.

"Bull, you can tell me where you went and with who you were with. Don't try to spare me."

"What? I didn't think to tell you. Nothing personal."

"Mkay. I'll see you later." I roll my eyes and start walking towards the exit.

"(F/n)..." He pleads, running after me.

"Later." I say firmly.

I, too, can play that game.

———
a/n-heyyy guys! hope all is well with you all. I am enjoying break and recharging. What did y'all think of this chapter? lmk! Not editedd bc yk what time it is lol but until next timeee :)

- aris<3