𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

[THANK YOU]

[THANK YOU]

[Name] pov...

As I sit there, balling my eyes out I hear someone sit next to me. Too afraid to look, I try to calm myself down so I can bolt out of there. As I try to stand up I hear the person speak.

"You don't have to leave. If you want to be alone, I understand and I will leave." Akaashi explains.

"Its okay." As I've said before I don't mind his company.

Maybe its my imagination but I feel him sit closer to me. He hesitates a little before putting his arm around me. Sort of as a comfort thing. I'm still crying, unaware of what to do. Lunch is only so long and I can't go to class with puffy eyes.

"I'm sorry for being like this, it's just I couldn't-"

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I saw you teary eyed and got worried about you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." A part of me wishes he never saw me, and a part of me is happy he is here.

"Thank you, I'm fine."

"You get to cry if you need to. I won't judge you." He sounds sincere but then again he could just be a a good liar.

"If you tell my brother about this, you're dead." I say, half serious.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. For now let's just chill for a little bit." He hands me a tissue.

I take a couple deep breaths. The atmosphere is comforting but also kind of tense. I feel his hand graze my shoulder almost as though he isn't sure if he can hug me. I'm honestly not sure if I can either. I lean my head against his chest, immediately overwhelmed by his scent. I haven't noticed how good he smells before.

My phone rings out of know where. I untangle myself from his arms and answer.

incoming call from Kōtarō...

(bold italic is y/n, italic is bokuto)

hello?

hey (n/n), I went to the library and I didn't see you or Akaashi there. Where are you guys?

Oh sorry I forgot to text you. We found a nice spot towards the back of the school.

Oh okay! I'll see you there.

Yeah, don't get lost.

With that I hang up the call and get my compact mirror from my school bag and look my tear stained face. I use my sleeve to wipe my face and retouch my makeup.

"Thank you for...you know." I say sincerely.

"Of course." He says, in a low tone.

In a couple minutes pass and Kōtarō starts walking towards us.

"Hey guys! This spot is so quiet compared to the library." He says with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, I am probably going to start spending lunch here." I say realizing how quaint this area is.

"Do you mind if we join you?" My brother asks curiously.

"I'm fine with it." I respond honestly.

"Then it's settled!" He grabs my shoulders and violently shakes me.

"Wait, wait. Why do you smell like Akaashi, (f/n)?" He inquires.

"Hmm? What are you talking about? Maybe its because I am sitting next to him, dummy." I hope I convinced him well enough.

"No, if Akaashi stood over there it would still smell like him." He starts raising a brow.

He has a great sense of smell, by the way.

"You're imagining things, Bokuto." Akaashi tells him.

"Okay, whatever." He says with a frown forming on his face.

"Don't get upset, Kōtarō." I warn him.

His face brightens up as I hand him a pack of gummies. That was close.

The bell rings and I start to gather my things. Akaashi and Kōtarō already in-front of me, talking about something random probably. I say good bye and go to my next class.

—————

Its now time to head to the gym for my first day as manager. I'm actually kind of dreading this but oh well.

I make my way to the gym and hesitantly at first but I go in and see everyone doing their thing. I greet coach and hand in my permission slip. He politely takes it and tells me to go change because they needed my help again today.

I go into the locker room and change into a black t-shirt, some loose blue shorts, and of course my volleyball shoes.

I wipe away my makeup because I know I will sweat it right off. Hopefully I don't look too sleep-deprived. I finally walk out into the gym, to be greeted by Akaashi and my brother.

"Hey (f/n). Did you get punched in the face or something?" Akaashi asks with a fake concerned face.

"Haha, very funny." I say sarcastically.

"Are you ready!" My enthusiastic brother inquires.

"Yes. I am ready." He won't stop asking if I don't answer.

"Alright then let's start practice." Coach speaks from behind me, effectively startling me.

We do a couple drills and then take a break before starting ascrimmage.

I go help with water bottles and grab mine before sitting down on a bench.

My brother sits beside me, handing me a towel.

"Do you think we could stop by the store on our way home? I want to bake some cookies and we're out of flour." I've been baking for him so much that we are in fact out of flour.

"I forgot to tell you that Akaashi is going to come over to go over some footage, but sure." He agrees.

I guess I will bake a bit more than usual so that Akaashi can take some home. Kōtarō can eat a whole batch on his own if I let him. I like to be nice sometimes.

—————

Practice has ended and I am now walking home with my brother and Akaashi.

They're walking in-front of me, talking about some play they want to pull off. I'm not really paying attention.

We get to the store and I get my flour as well as some different topping to put into the cookies. Like m&ms, chocolate chips, etc.

I wonder how long they're going to review footage because it is already 6:30pm.

We finally arrive to our house and I go into my room to change into some comfy clothes.

——
a/n-hey guys <3 sorry i haven't updated in a couple days I was having a bit of trouble with this chapter but hopefully i will be back to updating everyday or every other day :)
                                    - aris <3