52. Fight to survive

Third person pov:

The faint voices of two men arguing or rather begging each other woke him up from his unconsciousness. He opened his eyes, whimpering at the slight pain in his head. He could only see the surgical lights above him. The place is unfamiliar to him.

He closed his eyes trying to remember where he was before he lost his consciousness. Jimin suggested that he should trouble Jungkook before going. Then he was waiting for Jungkook when the lights went off, scaring him.

He turned on the torch in his mobile and started counting numbers to calm down when he heard a sound from the balcony. “Hyung…” He called getting down from the bed and taking slow steps.

He started running back to the door when he saw the shadows of more than one person on the curtains. But one of them caught him trying to sedate him as he was struggling to get free.

He saw Jimin open the door and tried to rescue him when one of the men hit his head. The last thing he saw before everything went blank was Jimin trying to stop them when another guy stabbed him and Jimin fell down on the floor still trying to reach out to him.

He breathed heavily, opening his eyes again. He looked around him, there were a few men around the bed he was on, probably doctors judging by their attire and the room looked like some kind of operating theatre. He followed their eyes only to see an unfamiliar man holding a knife to his own throat threatening another man who is none other than Kim Minseok.

Fear ran down his spine instantly at the sight of the man. He struggled to gather a little courage and focused on hearing their words.

“I was told that I can survive at least 2 years if we try. But I will have to end my life right now if you try to harm any of them.” He can hear the pain in that voice of the unfamiliar man shouting at Minseok who was begging the other not to do it.

Taehyung was shocked to see Minseok in that way. From all the back and forth arguments between them, he came to a conclusion that he was locked all those years to take his heart for that unfamiliar male named Kim Beom who is rather willing to die than accept it.

Kim Beom noticed that he was awake and motioned him discreetly to escape. He got the clue and tried to do so but was in vain as one the doctors around him noticed him moving and caught him.

Meanwhile Kim Beom was caught by two men and his knife was now taken away. Minseok walked to Taehyung who was thrashing to free himself. He yanked him by his hair forcing the boy to look at his face which always had Taehyung terrified and trembling in his hands.

But this Taehyung isn't the same kid. He is still horrified to see that monster in front of his eyes again. However he tried to not show it. He closed his eyes as he tried to remember the smile of Jungkook and focusing only on the assurance that smile gave he opened and looked at Minseok eye to eye.

“Oh…now you are daring to look in my eyes?” Minseok's voice resonated darkly in the room.

“Jungkook will come to save me." Taehyung stated with no fear in his eyes as he looked at Minseok.

“This is why I locked you in that room so you would fear me…. don't worry this will be the last day of your torments. You always wanted to end your life, didn't you? I will grant your wish and end everything for you today.” He laughed like a maniac.

"Not only for you. But everyone who betrayed me and helped you.”

One hour ago at Minseok's mansion:

Minseok planned everything to get Taehyung today by hook or crook. All of his men were gathered as he was giving them commands according to the plan.