Chapter 49: "Priority: Surrounded"

Two shots to the head, move to the next target, two shots to the heart, move to the next corpse. Cracking the sound of bullets breaking sound barrier and approaching near light speed like a rhythm of death.

"No chaos, no destruction, no cheering, no shouting they could be shouting at the top of their lungs and no one would hear them from outside of those suits, yet it's just pure cold death" Diabo speaks to Pina about the SIFs.

"These are the most elite soldiers of the UNE. Out of the few hundreds of millions of soldiers, there are only a few dozen thousands of SIFs. I wanted to form a very elite group like this in the empire's military, but I did not know where to begin. Our generals have neither the experience nor the skill to train our soldiers like this." Pina replies.

"We could ask them to help us create and train our special forces" Diabo replies, he pauses for a second as a fire bolt hits near them then continues speaking "We ask them to teach us how to create the gunpowder and how to build matchlock musket. In exchange, we will support them annexing Rondel".

Pina looks back at Diabo, confused she asks "I thought you said we must not let them have the city?".

Diabo pulls Pina down to shield her from another explosion then continues "Look around you, magic is no match for them. Having Rondel would not make any difference should they want to destroy us. We might as well use it to gain us some leaps in technology. I've been reading their books that you brought back, the gunpowder was the beginning of it all for them and it shall be the same for us. What we would be asking is ancient technology for them, but it would be a great advantage for the empire. No other nations would dare to oppose us when we've mastered the technology".

"I understand, brother, how would you propose we begin that talk?" Pina asks.

"Well, first, we have to survive this mess" Diabo says.

"Heads up, a mass of hostiles the size of 2 companies are heading for us. They're trying to surround us, ETA 3min" Rob reports.

"Commander, we need to protect the empress" Jimmy says.

"No need to concern yourself about me, commander, I'm not a coward" Pina replies.

Rorry giggles "Silly girl".

"Peace is fragile as it is, Pina, if you die this planet will be plunged into another war and the UNE is running out of time to deal with that. You might not understand it but Falmart is vital to the survival of trillions of sentient beings." Ava says in a commanding tone "Knight Grey, have your men clear that build on the left 50 meters up ahead and keep the VIPs in there then provide covering fire for us from above, we'll set up a defensive position on the street. There are hostiles in the building, without TACNet we can't relay enemy's position to your men so be careful and remember your training. Now move." Ava orders, she also motion one of the SIFs to follow the legionnaires to assist them.

"Roger that commander" Grey replies then addresses his men "Legionnaires on me!".

The legionnaires stack up on both side the door with their repeating crossbows ready. One of the SIFs set up a breach charge, throw a plasma grenade through the window then stacks up at the back of the line. As soon as the grenade explodes, Grey gives the order to breach and the charge explodes, throwing the door straight into the house.

Already a disciplined force combined with UNE's training, the legionnaires perform a cross dynamic entry. They rapidly enter the room and engage hostile combatants with overwhelming force and assert dominance.

"Got damn it check your corner!" the SIF that was attached to the legionnaires squad shouts.

At that moment, a small young dwarf hiding behind a tree pot jumps out and stabs one of the legionnaires at the back, through the crack of his armor. The SIF immediately take out the dwarf with a headshot. Another legionnaire kneels next to the stabbed one and turn him to the side, leaving the sword inside of him while trying to stop the bleeding and calling for a medic.