Chapter 2: The Monster and the Flapping Butterfly

Naruto stood in the eerie stillness, taking in the sight of his own soul. The air was thick with a metallic scent, the kind that clung to the back of one's throat and refused to let go.

Bones littered the ground, remnants of the countless lives he had taken in his previous existence. His soul shone red.

He felt taller, more imposing, as if he had grown into a different form. He glanced down and saw that he was ankle-deep in blood.

The reflection staring back at him from the blood's surface was not his own; it was an adult version of Sukuna, minus the four arms, clad in a black haori and white kimono.

"Well, that was not something that I expected. Looks like the Sukuna skill will affect more than I previously thought." He didn't expect to see an adult Sukuna staring back at him when he gazed below.

His eyes moved forward, locking onto the shrine that stood at the heart of this grim landscape. This was his domain, the core of his being where his cursed technique was strongest.

"Well, this was expected. Anyways, I shouldn't waste much time. I've come here to 'eat' Asura."

He closed his eyes and concentrated, reaching deep within himself. The process was slow, each second stretching into eternity. But finally, he found him. Asura was there, suspended in a frozen state, his chakra barely a whisper.

"What a pity."

Naruto walked towards Asura. He had honestly expected a big battle to absorb Asura, but this was rather anti-climactic. He had wanted to see, how he would fare against Asura in a battle for souls.

"This is just asking to be absorbed."

Naruto couldn't help but think. 'If I get stuck in the process of becoming stronger, will I also be frustrated and pass myself down to the younger generation in search for salvation?'

"How pathetic."

That statement wasn't for Asura but rather for himself.

How pathetic of him to even consider such a thing.

"You can deny me son. But you can't deny that what I put you through made you the monster that you are today. I, your father, carved you to rise above the herds of sheeps that this world is filled with."

The words of his father when he had left to start a family resonated in his mind.

He looked at his palms. 'As much as I hate him, I can't deny that he made me capable.'

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

'If I have to become a monster to bring them back, then so be it.'

He refuses to be like Asura, a man who died full of regrets and is now just a commodity that's passed down just to fight with his brother with daddy issues.

He opens his mouth and bites Asura's head off.

He has become the monster again.

...

...

..

.

Naruto, having gained newfound strength, moved his body with deliberate intensity. He clenched his fists, feeling the raw power surge through his small frame.

'Hahahaha! I was successful!' he exulted.

At last, he had finished absorbing Asura's chakra and had even altered his genes to inherit all the unique qualities of the Uzumaki clan.