Chapter 15: Converging Conflict

A/N:

Chapter 25 on p.a.t.r.e.o.n

Join today: p.a.t.r.e.o.n/MyMumCallsMePig

A bit longer chap today.

....

(Minato's POV)

I look at the elders in frustration as I repeat what I just said.

"We need to take action! We can't just stand idly by! God knows what my son is going through at the moment!"

Danzo squints his eyes at me and says, "You should calm down, Hokage. At times like this, the advice of the older generations must be heeded. If you act without a level head, we will have to deal with heavy repercussions."

"I am calm," I say, looking him dead in the eyes. Damn him.

I've had enough of these old folks. I slam the round table we are sitting at and get up.

"If I find even a hair of my child touched, every one of you will see what I'm like when I'm not calm," I warn them and walk out, not forgetting to slam the door shut as I leave.

Just you wait, my son. I will find you.

....

(Orochimaru POV)

Tension in the village is high.

I don't think I've ever seen Minato this angry. He doesn't believe Kumo at all. Jiraiya went and confirmed that the 600 assassins were cut up as Kumo told us, and he even brought back the news that the brat didn't want to return.

It's pretty tough on the young parents.

But this is great for me. I have been planning on getting my hands on some more people to do experiments, and this situation has presented me with the perfect opportunity.

Jiraiya has been investigating me for a while now. He thinks I don't know. This has made me more cautious, and it has hindered my progress. But, not anymore.

Knowing the efficiency of the bureaucratic Konoha, it will take them a while to respond. Especially considering that the relationship between sensei and Minato has become cold due to the recent happenings.

Minato wants to retaliate, but sensei and his old friends don't want to. This conflict will go on until something happens to change this status quo.

This gives me some free time. Konoha is expecting something to happen so its shinobi have not been sent on missions, and that includes me. I think I will visit the Land of Water to see if there are some treasures to take.

Members of the clan with kekkei genkai are being massacred left and right in that country at the moment. It's a great opportunity to find some orphans and manipulate them to raise as guinea pigs.

They do have some interesting kekkei genkai.

I think I'll give the Kaguya clan a visit.

...

(Kimmimaro POV)

Naruto Namikaze. Naruto Uzumaki.

I wonder what his real name is. I heard some clan members calling him Namikaze and some others called him Uzumaki.

He's five years old, only three years younger than me, and yet he killed 600 of Kumo's best assassins. I wonder if they will put him in a cage too?

I have a kekkei genkai and it's pretty strong too, and I've been put in a cage. If they put him in a cage, will his cage be bigger or stronger or both? Or, will they even be able to catch him?