Chapter 8: An Open Cage

(In the Grand Hall)

Minato who was expecting something to go wrong, had a few shadow clones disguised as workers in the Grand Hall.

After making sure the Fire Daimyo was only drunk and not under potential harm. The clones undid the jutsu and the memory transferred back to the real body.

....

(With Minato and the others)

Minato notes the wariness that Rasa has in his eyes when he looks at the Raikage.

'He is trying to keep his guard up against the Raikage's position just in case I appear there.'

"Give up." Minato says. "It is futile. You can't beat me."

"You dare understimate me Yondaime!?" Ay screams at him and charges towards him.

Minato doesn't even try to dodge and just charges up a rasengan and strikes it towards Ay's stretched fist.

*Boom!

Ay's fist strike the Rasengan head on as he doesn't even attempt to avoid it, thinking he will be able to take it head on if he knows what to expect.

"Huh?" Instead Ay twists and turns mid air and spins like crazy. Minato had made sure to adjust the angle of his Rasengan's striking place such that Raikage would loose his stability on air.

Minato charges up another Rasengan and attempts to take Ay's life as well.

However.

"Magnet Release: Gold Dust Imperial Funeral!"

Rasa who has both of his palm firmly slapped on the ground, summons a huge quantity of Gold Dust. The ground ruptures and from it rises waves of Gold Dust.

The Gold Dust engulf Minato and Ay.

Rasa utilizes the Gold Dust to separate the two. He doesn't attempt to crush Minato within the Gold Dust as Minato has shown to be able to change places with Ay without using hand-sign.

Rasa just wants to make sure that Minato is in his vision when he tries to deliver a fatal blow.

Gold Sand Gathering Assault!

Rasa learns his lesson after seeing what has happened to the Raikage and doesn't scream the names of the techniques.

Gold sand twist, turn and compress into various shapes.

With a flick of his arm, Rasa then starts attacking Minato with the Gold Sand Constructs.

On the other side, Ay looks at his mingled arm with rage. He tears the cloak he was wearing and wraps it around his mangled arm for stability.

'I need Bee here, otherwise, we will all die right here.'

He makes the hand sign for the summoning jutsu while being very careful.

As a Kage, using one handed signs for the summoning jutsu was normal. Normally, he wouldn't do this as he had to be very careful not to mess up the flow of his chakra. This made it slow, and hence it couldn't be used in the middle of a battle.

But, since Rasa was currently occupying Minato's attention, he decided to use one handed sign to perform the summoning jutsu.

His arms were still shaking after getting hit by the huge force of the Rasengan and one of his arm was even mangled.

So, he had to be extra careful.

It took him a while, but he finally finished.

"Summoning Jutsu!"