Chapter 5: Unlikely Confederacy

(Before Naruto and his family reached the Grand Hall)

The grand hall was a spectacle of opulence and tradition, its high vaulted ceilings adorned with intricate curtains and chandeliers that glittered with the light of a thousand candles. The floor was polished to a mirror-like finish, reflecting the grandeur of the assembly gathered within. Around a long, elaborately decorated table, the Daimyo from various lands engaged in animated conversation, their voices a blend of courteous greetings and veiled competitiveness.

Despite the lively discussions, a notable absence hung in the air—the Daimyo from the Land of Wind was not present. Instead, representing the Land of Wind was Rasa, the Kazekage. His presence was a significant deviation from tradition, underscoring the unique alliance between the Land of Wind and the Land of Fire. Rasa's stern demeanor and piercing gaze set him apart from the more relaxed and somewhat complacent attitudes of the other Daimyo.

The Land of Fire's Daimyo sat at the head of the table, a position of honor befitting his nation's current prosperity. His attire was a indication to the wealth of his land, a luxurious robe of silk embroidered with gold thread, and jewelleries that sparkled with precious gems. The servants attending to him were equally resplendent, their uniforms pristine and adorned with subtle but unmistakable symbols of their nation's affluence.

In stark contrast, the attire of the other Daimyo and their servants revealed the economic disparities between the nations. The Daimyo from the Land of Lightning wore robes that, while still elegant, lacked the same opulence. The fabric was simpler, the embroidery less elaborate. His servants, though well-kept, showed signs of wear and repair on their clothing.

The Land of Earth's Daimyo appeared even more subdued. His robes were of a coarse material, functional but far from luxurious. His servants moved with a quiet efficiency, their uniforms plain and devoid of ornamentation. The Land of Water's Daimyo, though attempting to maintain an air of dignity, could not hide the fraying edges of his once-grand attire, a silent proof of the economic hardships his land faced.

As the evening progressed, the conversations among the Daimyo revealed their underlying sentiments. The Land of Fire's Daimyo spoke with a confidence that bordered on arrogance, his tone often dismissive of the struggles faced by the other nations. Subtle glances and half-hidden smirks betrayed the jealousy that simmered beneath the surface.

"The Land of Fire has been fortunate," he remarked, his voice carrying a hint of condescension. "Our resources have allowed us to thrive even in these challenging times."

The Land of Water's Daimyo forced a smile, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Indeed, your prosperity is remarkable. We can only hope to learn from your success."

The Land of Earth's Daimyo, unable to hide his resentment, responded with a thinly veiled barb. "It's clear that not all lands are as blessed. Some of us must struggle to make do with what we have."

Rasa, the Kazekage, remained silent, observing the interactions with a keen eye. Unlike the others, he held no title of Daimyo and had little patience for their political games. He knew that engaging in their petty squabbles would only diminish his own standing. Instead, he focused on the true purpose of his presence, representing his village and its interests.

The evening continued with the Land of Fire's Daimyo being the center of attention. The other Daimyo, though simmering with envy, made concerted efforts to stroke his ego. They flattered him shamelessly, praising his leadership and the prosperity of his land. Drinks flowed freely, and it wasn't long before the Fire Daimyo, basking in the adulation, began to show signs of inebriation.

"Your wisdom is truly unparalleled," the Daimyo of the Land of Lightning said, raising his glass in a toast. "To your continued success and the prosperity of the Land of Fire!"