Chapter 9: Wreathed in Red

(A while ago with Naruto)

'Kamui is pretty fast,' Naruto thought seeing how quickly he was thrown into the middle of nowhere.

Naruto turned his head to look at his surrounding.

The jagged rocks that he stood on and the lush green forest that stood on the other side made him realize that he was just outside the Land of Fire.

'The Lightning Daimyo was looking at me as if he'll eat me whole. Obito may be working for them. However, this isn't the Land of Lightning.'

'What is he trying to do here?'

With his eyes narrowed, Naruto stared at his surrounding. He made a hand sign and immediately let go a wave of chakra. This was him utilizing his sensory abilities, it acted as a radar and picked up anything having chakra in the surrounding.

'2. 8. 40. 89. 448. 600. There are 600 people here. Judging by their chakra, they are all shinobi.'

*Swish! *Swish! *Swish!

'They all appeared in front of me without wasting a single moment. As far as I've heard from my father, Kumo doesn't have the skill to relay message on the field so quickly.'

'Considering that all 600 of them came out. This means all of them are sensor ninjas. Sensor ninjas are rare, it is unnatural to have them all at the same place like this.'

The gears in Naruto's head turned and he quickly figured out the reason.

'It looks like they were planning an attack on Konoha. The reason for these 600 shinobi to be all sensors should be to evade the sensor ninjas of Konoha that patrol the borders. Unfortunately for them, my sensing abilities are of different nature compared to the other sensors. But it seems, they can still pick it up.'

"What are you all doing here?" Naruto questioned, it didn't even take him a second to analyze all that was going on.

"Naruto Uzumaki, you are to surrender yourself and come quietly. Any form of resistant will not be tolerated." A man wearing a tiger mask, looking like the leader spoke.

'Oh, they were expecting me. So, Obito is definitely colluding with them. I hope my parents are okay. Now, why are they coming after me? My genes perhaps? Oh well, it doesn't really matter.'

"You people have ruined my birthday and are trying to spill the blood of me and my parents. Ah...this reminds me of the song Rains of Castamere played during the Red Wedding. The betrayal Starks faced in a banquet...pretty similar to mine. Except its my birthday party today not a wedding party. And it will not go the same way as well," I mumbled as I got into a fighting stance.

"What are you talking about?" The tiger masked guy asked.

"All I'm saying is that today, its not my family's blood that will rain. It will be yours."

"Insolent." The man barked with the all too similar Kumo rage and immediately charged at Naruto. The others simply watched, expecting it to be a quick job.

'Look at them underestimating me. After being held in the confines of the village for so long, I've finally have the opportunity to let loose once again. I can't have them doing this.'

...

[Uzumaki Chains]

[Divine Flame]

Naruto created a single Uzumaki chain from each of his hand. The chains immediately shot towards the man, the chains coiling around each other. As it travelled, it became coated in the divine flames.