Chapter 23: Kimimaro and Haku Meet

A/N:

16 chapters ahead on p.a.t.r.e.o.n

Join today: p.a.t.r.e.o.n/MyMumCallsMePig

...

KIMIMARO'S POV

Sukuna-sama nodded in satisfaction as he finished storing all the treasure of the Kaguya Clan in a scroll. "Didn't think the treasury was the place where the treasurer lived, quite smart."

One more corpse was lying in the corner of the basement. It was the treasurer.

Sukuna-sama currently didn't have his four-arms.

His four-arms form, I recently discovered, is only temporary.

"I'll make it permanent soon enough," he had said with confidence.

He turned around, a determined look in his eyes. "Let's go. Someone is waiting."

*Swish! Swish!*

I followed him silently, though my curiosity gnawed at me.

Someone? Should I ask him?

As if reading my thoughts, Sukuna-sama turned his head while we zoomed through the forest.

"If you have something to ask, ask it. Don't just stare at me."

He caught me. As expected of Sukuna-sama!

I cleared my throat. "Who is it that is expecting us, Sukuna-sama?"

"Well, he is not expecting you. I didn't tell him the reason as I wanted to come here quickly. After all, your clan was changing islands as if a common man changes clothes."

He was right. Fearing the Mizukage, the Kaguya Clan frequently changed its location. Even the current land they were in, they moved to it not long ago. I bowed slightly.

"Thank you for satiating my curiosity, Sukuna-sama."

"He is the same age as you, I think. So, make sure to get along with him."

"As you wish, my lord."

.....

We arrived at a forest clearing.

A young man was practicing his moves, his face set in concentration. As we approached, he stopped and turned to face us. His face brightened up when he saw Sukuna-sama, but his eyes narrowed when he saw me.

A competitor, I see.

"Who is this?" He tilted his head, trying to look cute in front of Sukuna-sama.

What a disgusting plan!

Sukuna-sama stepped forward with me by his side.

I looked up to see a slight smile playing on his lips.

What a brilliant plan!

"This is Kimimaro. Make sure to get along with him, Haku."

The young man's eyes flashed with a mix of curiosity and challenge as he tried to size me up.

I didn't back down and puffed out my chest to look tough but still spoke politely.

"Sukuna-sama has introduced me. I am Kimimaro. Nice to meet you, Haku."

"Sama..." Haku whispered, his ears perking up at the term. He looked at Sukuna-sama, trying to analyze something. The gears in my head turned as I tried to figure out why he was staring at Sukuna-sama.

"Welcome back, Sukuna-sama." Haku suddenly bowed.

Don't tell me—

Sukuna-sama chuckled and shook his head but said nothing.