Back Again

The Life Of My Dreams 2 (chapter one)

Braylon

"Aye T, bring yo ass nigga." I called to my brother Terrence. My moms wanted us to run to the store for her and he wanted to ass drag.

"Im coming bitch." He replied jogging down the steps. He know how ma dukes is, especially when we dont do shit on her time. And plus I had somewhere to be later. I grabbed the keys and tossed them to Terrence.

"Oh shit, you letting me drive?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah nigga, now lets go." I said pulling him out the door. He smirked and hopped in the front seat.

**

After we got everything we needed from three different stores, we were finally on our way home.

"Ma!" I called as me and T brought the bags in.

"In the kitchen baby." She said. I walked in the kitchen and kissed her forehead.

"Where's pops?" I asked her after I had helped her put everything away.

"Mancave." She said rolling her eyes making me chuckle. It figures, that nigga is always down there.

"Wassup old man." I said dapping my dad up. He chuckled and took the blunt from his lips and gave me a head nod.

"What yo mama doing?" He asked reaching behind the bar and pouring him a shot of henny.

"Bouta get dinner started. She said she making a big dinner." I said sitting on the bar stool next to him.

"Yeah, your cousins are supposed to be coming over." He informed me making me nod my head in response.

"So are we going to see uncle Rich?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"Why not? We usually go every Saturday." I reminded him.

"I know but I feel more and more guilty everyday knowing that I let him take the fall for something we both did." He said sighing as he inhaled the blunt deeply.

"Pops dont stress yourself over something thats already done. He been locked up for eight years now and you still holding onto this. At least you know where his loyalty rest. Let it go." I told him before patting his back and going to my room. My unc got two more years before he gets out.

Rich

I sat on my bed and stared at the dull ceiling. They said im getting out early because of good behavior. In the beginning, I was getting into fights left and right. The shit was crazy, I had to beat my cell mate's ass a few times cause he tried to fuck me. Gay ass nigga. Boy got his shit together real quick though, even though we aint cool the nigga apologized.

"Aye Rich." Lyric, my faggot ass cellmate called from the bottom bunk.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"Aye man, when you getting out of here?" He asked making me frown slightly.

"In about five days, why?"

"Cause man, once you leave ima be in here by myself. I know we was rocky in the beginning but we cool now. You kept me sane for all these years. When you leave im still gonna have twelve left, what am I supposed to do?" He expressed sighing.

"Just keep your head up man." I told him simply. The female officer came and banged on the cell door.

"Bowman, you have a visitor." She said with an attitude and rolling her eyes. I shook my head and chuckled as I jumped down from my bunk. She's been trying to get with me ever since I let her suck my dick. But that was a little while ago, maybe about five, six months ago.

I let her handcuff me and escort me to the sitting area. I smiled a little when I saw my boy and nephew.

"Wassup niggas." I said dapping them up, they laughed and returned the gesture.

"How you holding up pops?" Jr asked making me shrug.

"Im alright I guess. Ya old man getting out in five days.... good behavior." I chuckled.

"Oh shit, thats wassup." Bray said dapping me up.

"Yeah man, nobody else knows but yall so keep yall fat ass mouths shut." I told them.

"We gotchu pops." I nodded my head and leaned back in my seat.

"How yo mama and sister holding up?" I asked him.

"Mama been holding it down, but Trin... she been crying for the past couple of days. Cause her birtday in a week and she thinks you're not gonna be there." He explained to me.

"Well, thank God i'll be out before then." I said smirking to myself.

"Your time is up Mr.Bowman." Amara, the lady officer told me. I knew she did that shit on purpose, I aint been out here for ten minutes and she talking bout my time up. But instead of getting pissed about it, I nodded my head and dapped up the boys before getting up and getting escorted back to my cell.

"Just five more days." I mumbled to myself after letting out a deep sigh.

Tyla

"Trin, stop crying baby. We're gonna go see him on your birthday and we can stay as long as you want." I told Trinity as I hugged her tightly. Yes she was dramatic, but she really did miss her father. And he was gonna miss out on one of the most important days of her life, my baby was turning sixteen.

"You wanna- aww is she okay?" Dre asked stepping into my room with a towel wrapped around his waist. I shook my head no and tore my eyes away from his body.

"Give me a second to put on some clothes and i'll be right back." I nodded and looked down at Trin as I placed a kiss to her forehead.

About five minutes later Dre came back in fully dressed and sat next to me on my bed and rubbed Trin's back.

"Its okay baby girl." He told her. She sniffled and leaned over placing her head in my lap and her feet in Dre's lap.

"I miss him so much." She sniffled.

"I know baby." I sighed. This was gonna be harder than I thought. She's been okay all this time, but maybe its finally hitting her hard because she's getting older. She's gonna be eighteen when he gets out.

"Wipe your face baby, you'll be okay. You're a trooper just like your mama." She sat up and smiled at me.

"Yeah I know, i'll be alright." She said wiping her tears. I nodded.

"I love you mama."

"I love you too baby girl." She looked over at Dre and hugged him before she left.

"Everything will be fine." I mumbled to myself.