230

230. Defensive Battle (3)

The ice wall base has fallen!

At that news, there was a heavy silence among the group for a moment.

"It is said that the Glacher Trolls who attacked showed an unusual appearance. They said that they performed a trick of disappearing as if they were melting into the ice of the ice wall. It is said that they had no choice but to abandon the ice wall."

"That can't be possible...."

Since its predecessor, the Margrave, took a long time to complete, the Ice Fortress has never allowed a single intrusion by a demonic beast.

Although the possibility of being breached was considered, the shock Orden received was beyond words. Because it was a barrier that had already been standing strong even before he was born.

"The entrance to the ice walls looks like that. Is the troops retreating well?"

On behalf of the frozen Orden, Seongjin, who had maintained his composure, asked a question to the guard captain.

"Fortunately, the second ice wall was expanded last night by order of the head of the family. Although it is slow, the retreat is proceeding smoothly. It's just...."

After speaking up to that point, Sir Sebastian's gaze caught a glimpse of a group of soldiers passing by.

They are each holding tools such as pickaxes, hammers, and chisels and are moving around at a pace. At a glance, I could tell what they were moving for.

"In the case of the first ice wall, work was still in full swing, so it appears that the troops gathered there are stranded. We are currently working on expanding the entrance on both sides simultaneously."

Still, it seems that Margrave Sigismund did not heed Seongjin's warning in vain. Seongjin breathed a sigh of relief.

"Anyway, it would be unreasonable to send support right away from the territory."

"Yes, sir. It is difficult for the retreating soldiers to move now. I just hope that the remaining Wolf Knights in the rear will hold out well."

Sir Sebastian's voice as he answered like that was extremely calm. Even though his wife, Sir Ilma, is fighting a difficult battle in the rear.

Maybe deep inside you want to run alone.

However, now that the Margrave and the Wolf Knights are away, the only person responsible for the safety of the territory is Sir Sebastian himself.

Seongjin thought as he looked into the guard captain's steadfast black eyes.

'The more I look at her, the more I think Louise takes after her father.'

Louise.

As my thoughts naturally turned to her, I suddenly remembered a faint thought that had passed me by like a dream while I was piloting Bingsu No. 1.

-Lowering. I now have to go a long way from which I may never return.

Was that really Louise's voice? This is unknown at the moment.

Perhaps it was simply an auditory hallucination created by Seongjin's premonition. When she left for her flower garden, she had a strange feeling that if they parted ways like this, they wouldn't be able to see each other again for a long time.

'But if it was really Louise... ... .'

They said they would come right away after confirming the reality of the flower garden, but then suddenly they have to go somewhere?