306

306. Demon King No. 2 (4)

Purma's Bartoja.

He was shouting confidently in front of the Delcross camp, but inside he was full of anxiety, contrary to his appearance.

'... I didn't want it to get this big!'

The Purma tribe is in decline after losing its chief twice in a row in the last war.

Although he was pushed out of the race for the tribe's leader, Bartoza was a rather ambitious man. Accordingly, he decided to abandon his tribe and entrust himself to Karazhan, one of his most powerful tribes.

-Now our tribe has become shameless cowards and is falling into decline!

Of course, when he came face to face with Wakana Tusai, Bartoza did not forget to show off his betrayal in front of the old fox.

-So I abandoned the tribe to avenge the tribe leader! I even gave up my pride as a warrior for revenge!

-Ho... ... .

-This Bartoja, riding with the bravest brothers of Karazhan in Varsha, seeks to completely drive the hordes of the Empire from the land of their ancestors! So give me another chance to take up arms!

However, the Karazhan chieftain, who was quietly listening to him, said this with an amused expression on his face.

-excellent. Bartoja.

Contrary to its reputation for being stubborn, it is a compliment that only sounds pure. Bartóza looked up with a glimmer of hope. And, he just froze in place.

The old tribal leader, Wakana Tusai, was looking down at himself as if he were giving a final review of a sheep about to beheaded. He had beastly eyes that reflected a dangerously shiny light.

-Have you abandoned your pride as a warrior and even thrown away the opportunity to stand before the souls of your great ancestors? That would mean that his desire for revenge against the empire was enormous. If you do so, I have a suitable way to help you.

... This isn't it.

His chin began to visibly tremble due to an ominous premonition, but the old fox above his head added patronizingly:

-It just so happened that a young man from the tribe created something very interesting. If this were the case, he would be able to kill Owen of Delcross right now. So that you can pass on your feats to future generations, I will also give you our warriors.

-Well, Chief... ... .

-What. It is a tribute to a steadfast warrior who is determined to be lonely forever even after death. As a brother of Barça, this is a natural help, so please do not hesitate.

-... ... .

He even received a cup of wine from the chief, and was forcibly brought here along with a group of warriors who could not tell if they were there to help him or to watch him.

I looked for opportunities to escape several times along the way, but there was no other way. The moment he shows any signs of strangeness, the weapon aimed at Owen will be fired straight at him.

"Come out quickly! Owen of Delcross!"

So, even as he calls out to Owen to leave, he keeps repeating this to himself.

'Don't come out, Owen! Please don't come out!'

Bartóza's eyes looked around anxiously.

Coincidentally, there were not only people from the empire around them, but also a few people from the Barsha tribe interacting with them. That may be why the warriors sent by Wakana Tusai disguised themselves, however clumsily, as Purma warriors.