248

248. Soul Stone (2)

After confirming that Seongjin woke up safely, Logan and Masain rested for a while and then left the count's residence again. This is because Sigismund was still in disarray.

The major battle was over, but a sluggish clearing operation remained. In addition, we had to chase down the lycanslopes that were running away.

There was a lot of work to do, but there was an extreme shortage of workers.

Seongjin's companions also joined forces to help Yeongji. Only Captain Bruno, who had volunteered to guard Sir Sharon and Seongjin, who had suddenly lost their health, remained at the count's residence.

'Shouldn't I do something too...? ... .'

Seongjin thought so, but there was no room for him, who came back from almost death, to intervene. When he started to feel itchy and tried to sneak out of his room, Logan and Martha were staring at him side by side.

"Would you like me to let you sleep well so that you can rest comfortably today?"

Logan asked grimly, kneading his fists.

Wait a minute, does that mean you're going to give me physical therapy instead of sleeping pills?

"Sir, why don't you just cover your eyes? You'll sleep better."

Masain also thinks it's time to put on a bandage and asks.

Although he is said to have recovered, he seems to be bothered by his eyes, which were bleeding profusely only yesterday.

In the end, Seongjin had no choice but to raise both hands and feet.

"Okay, okay. Just stay in your room."

However, contrary to the atmosphere that seemed like they would gather their troops and pursue Lycan Slope at any moment, there was no news that the pursuit party had left until late afternoon.

And Seongjin was able to hear the reason from Edith, who brought dinner.

Sir Ilma and Sir Sebastian, who should be the mainstay of the pursuit party. This was because, except for old man Vincent, something big had happened to the two who could be said to have the greatest power in the territory.

"run away?"

"Yes, I say so, sir."

Their only daughter, Louise, disappeared from the estate without leaving behind a letter.

This is roughly what Edith was told.

-Father, mother. Recently, with the help of the two of you, I was able to safely settle down as a servant at the count's residence. But is it a young idea? I felt like I wanted to further explore the many possibilities that were still hidden within me. I want to travel around the continent and experience more things. So, neither of you, please don't worry too much and wait for me at the estate.

Seongjin clicked his tongue inwardly.

Louise, you have a very thorough personality even at such a young age. Ever since he decided to face the Lycan Slopelord, he had even considered the possibility of being defeated and not returning.

"But it's such a strange thing, isn't it?"

Edith tilted her head.

"I've only known Louise for a few days, but she never seemed like that kind of person."

"okay?"

"Yes. If you spend even a moment with her, you will know. Ms. Louise is a person who makes plans down to the minute. While helping me, she said how thorough she was in everything she did. That Ms. Louise is somewhere without a plan. "I never even imagined going on an adventure."