331

331. Salon (1)

It was late at night.

I couldn't sleep for some reason, so I was leafing through a book while a guild member cautiously knocked on my door.

smart-

"Cayenne, I brought you the late-night snack you mentioned."

"huh."

The guild member quietly opened the door and entered, quietly placing a tray filled with snacks next to him and looking at the boy.

"... "Then I'll leave it here, Cayenne."

"okay. "Go ahead."

Kaien nodded roughly without even looking at him.

As soon as permission was given, the guild member quickly ran away from the room. He seemed to feel an instinctive discomfort from Cayenne after some interference with his soul.

Sweet.

As the door was quickly closed, Kaien raised his head and looked in the direction where the guild member had disappeared.

'It has become so awkward. It would have been better if I could completely control the soul like Rodrigo.'

Kaien took quite a long time to take control of the entire mansion, but even so, it was impossible to completely control the souls of the guild members. This is because the Holy Emperor has placed a kind of protective veil over the souls of everyone who enters and exits the mansion.

Even if they managed to rip out the soul by avoiding the obstruction of the veil, the moment the deficit grew noticeably, the personnel were immediately replaced and a ban on going out was issued.

Because of this, Kaien had to exhaust himself by eating small amounts of the invisible parts of his soul.

'Well, my father already knows everything, but... ... .'

Still, judging from the fact that this level of interference was left alone, it seems that they judged that it would not cause much harm to the guild members.

Even if new personnel are brought in anyway, it is common for both of them to have their souls eaten by Cayenne.

So, rather than trying to control the soul in earnest, the boy who felt frustrated probably thought it would be better to maintain balance by giving him some breathing room, even if only in a clumsy way.

'Or did your father deliberately induce you to do so? Interfering with souls without harming them is much trickier than controlling them completely... ... .'

In any case, the current Cayenne's limitations were clear. All it did was temporarily impede the awareness of guild members or make them forget simple commands after executing them.

It may be possible to secretly poison the Emperor's meal, but it is impossible to run far away to avoid them.

'He's pretending to free me and shackles me like this. He's such a man that he can't let down his guard.'

Currently, there is only one soul that Cayenne is completely controlling. It was Rodrigo who was controlling it from the slash-and-burn village.

He was a person with a quite complicated background. To summarize, he was a refugee from Ortona, and after the fall of his country, he committed himself to the Principality of Carthage, received special training for several years, and then secretly hid again in a slash-and-burn village, and became a sergeant for the Kingdom of Flanders. Could it be something like a 'double spy in secret'?

Of course, because he caught Cayenne's attention early on, he ended up being his limb.

Anyway, the servant from Sejak was useful in many ways. It was he who infiltrated Asin's dark city and rescued rare poisons.