362

362. Join (5)

"Before Balthazar's troops arrived on the scene, some of the demonic energy flowing from the demon species was observed spreading throughout the countryside."

Leandros' hoarse voice echoes through the quiet office.

Katrina stood next to Seonghwang and quietly listened to his voice.

"Magi is attracted to stronger demon energy. Therefore, I instructed the exorcists not to hastily attempt to purify it, but rather to track the whereabouts of the demonic energy."

Thanks to the activities of Prince Mores and Prince Logan, the demon species was trapped in one place and tied to the scene for a long time. Thanks to this, even though such a huge amount of magical energy was generated, there was almost no additional damage caused by it.

However, the sacred barrier spread out in a semicircle was never perfect, and some demonic energy was scattered without being able to contain it.

"This is all I have to report. "Please do so."

Then, as if he had been waiting, Seonghwang immediately gave instructions to Leandros.

"Send an investigation team to the last place where demonic energy was confirmed. Since Katrina is here at the moment, it would be better to cooperate with the Knights of Saint Aurelion."

Katrina could sense that strange attitude.

'Your Majesty already knew. 'It was already in your sights and in Maurice's plans!'

Prince Mores did not lose his magic energy due to lack of strength. Perhaps even this was all intentionally planned by the prince?

Katrina, who had been supporting the success for a long time, naturally had no choice but to reach that conclusion.

And what supported that guess was the voice of a young man suddenly heard from the entrance.

"Coincidentally, there were seeds of another demon species hidden there. "Our Arenja has already accurately tracked the location, so Your Majesty, please do not worry any further."

A short young man with a black hood covering his face enters the office. Then Seonghwang, whose expression had not changed until then, visibly frowned.

"... "Rebekah."

Katrina and Leandros also naturally turned their gaze towards him.

Rebekah.

The head of Arenja, a secret organization directly subordinate to Seonghwang.

Thanks to their unique method of creating and communicating with soul terminals, Katrina and Leandros also rarely witnessed Arrangja's true nature in person.

This may be because their caution has grown to the point of paranoia after experiencing a crisis that almost led to the annihilation of their clan by the Inquisitors several years ago.

In any case, they are currently hiding deep in the basement of the imperial palace and rarely show up. Sometimes, only their leader, Rebekah, uses external agents on her behalf to maintain necessary communication.

"Rebekah? "Seeing as their presence has completely changed, it looks like they brought in a new external agent."

In response to Leander's point, the young man simply smiled and lowered his head.

Judging from the appearance of the subordinate who had not yet lost his fur, it appears that the spokesperson appointed this time was younger than expected.

"It's been a while since I've seen the two leaders 'in person' like this."

"Forget the boring jokes. "You always hesitate, saying that cause and effect are not enough, and then suddenly, what are you doing here again?"