322

322. Workshop (2)

Belinda.

He is the branch leader of the Penitent Church and the person who summoned the Demon Beast and wiped out the Milo Sangdan.

She should be being tortured at the Inquisition right now, so why is she hiding in the workshop like this?

"... Belinda?"

At the sound of her name being called, she flinched and shrank further into the corner of the barn.

"Why are you here... ... ."

As Seongjin asked a question and took a step closer, Belinda screamed, shaking her twisted limbs in a panic. A harsh, animal-like moan escapes from her blood-covered lips.

Uhhhh-

"Whoa! calm down!"

When Seongjin stopped and held out both hands, she could barely keep her mouth shut.

However, he still looked anxious as he rolled his eyes and examined Seongjin. The appearance that once proudly shouted at Inquisitor Valery's torture is now completely pitiful and unsightly.

"Do you know?"

In response to Logan's question, Seongjin explained quietly without taking his eyes off Belinda.

"Uh, they are the remnants of the Penitent Church. "He was taken to the Heresy Tribunal for investigation for the crime of summoning the Demon Beast from the North."

"ah... ... ."

Logan seemed to think of her then too.

"okay. Come to think of it, he came down from Sigismund with a group of prisoners. Was it managed by Inquisitor Valery? "Among the prisoners, the author remains in my memory because he had a particularly strong spirit."

And Seongjin and Logan closed their mouths at the same time. Because my mind was very complicated with various thoughts.

'Escape from the infamous Heresy Court, where once you enter, you have to die to get out? no way?'

One thought that immediately came to mind was whether it was a trap set by the Heresy Tribunal.

The goal is to make Belinda, a fairly high-ranking member of the Penitent Church, run away, and follow her to find the headquarters of the underground religious order.

It was assumed that it was probably to track Giacomo Milo's whereabouts.

"... "It's really strange."

Logan must have thought that too, as he concentrated for a moment and then opened his mouth.

"If it was intentionally released, there will definitely be a pursuer nearby. But no matter how much I look, I can't sense any sign of anyone with military force, let alone an Inquisitor, in the vicinity."

It is the Sword Master's judgment, so it must be accurate. Seongjin had also not sensed any significant presence, except for Logan's informant.

'He really escaped on his own?'

But no matter how much I thought about it, the possibility seemed slim.

Just look at Belinda's condition. He doesn't appear to be in his right mind, and there's not even a single trace of his body intact. But how?

"For now, treatment seems to be the priority. "After that, we will ask you how you came here and take you back to the Heresy Tribunal."

Logan said and slowly walked towards Belinda. Because her condition was too bad to ask questions or investigate anything.