305

305. Demon King No. 2 (3)

Owen froze in front of the man. It was probably the fear instinctively felt by a creature facing an absolute predator.

This strange man wearing a half mask reminded Owen of the huge seawater he had once encountered in the mountains.

-Owen. Lower your posture and hold your breath. Don't let it find us.

His father's hand was pressing down on Owen's head, wary of the saber-toothed bear that made a threatening low-frequency sound every time it exhaled.

Even my father, who I thought was the best hunter in the world, had memories of a terrifying predator that could only lower his head and quietly wait for it to pass by.

-Why is this guy who should be dead still walking around?

Above all, what the man said. It was familiar to Owen in a different way. His parents had a habit of repeating this to Owen whenever he forgot something.

-If it wasn't for Bart that day, mom wouldn't have been able to give birth to you safely. Isn't all of this the Lord's care? So Owen, don't forget to be thankful for everything.

What is interest? How do you know about yourself? Above all, why can't my whole body stop shaking like this?

I winced. As Owen became thoughtful and took a step behind her, the man smiled, tearing the corners of his mouth beneath his mask.

[He's a kid with pretty good sense. But there is no need to be so nervous.]

Fortunately, the man didn't seem to have any intention of harming Owen right away.

[I love the little sparks that young children like you have. Even though it is a weak thing with no possibility of burning, the slightest possibility it contains shines truly brilliantly.]

Tuk-tuk.

[Of course, that may have been a while now.]

The man who tapped Owen's shoulder half-heartedly left behind those incomprehensible words and disappeared far away.

However, Owen, who got goosebumps even at the slightest touch, stared blankly in the direction where the man had disappeared for a while.

Afterwards, Owen went into the church with the man and met the priest, but he did not remember the details of what exactly they discussed with him.

The next scene that came to mind clearly was a town engulfed in massive flames.

A yellow and red fire was burning fiercely, engulfing the entire village. People who can't even bring themselves to fetch water due to a long drought can only stare at the scene in shock.

-... mother... ... .

The sea of ​​fire burning like the hell in the scriptures and the smoke spreading thickly are extremely unrealistic.

Owen headed toward the fire as if possessed.

-Ah, father! mother!

Hey, what is that guy?

Wait, you want to go in? Hurry and catch it! Stop me!

Owen, who was hurriedly running toward the fire, was caught by Wen Janghan's hand and violently thrown to the floor.

Tuk!

It was right then. A flint sticks out of Owen's pocket. It was an object that even Owen himself couldn't figure out why it was there.

... What is that?

And at the same time, there was a strange voice ringing in everyone's head.

[Did that huge fire just happen by accident? Coincidentally, a guy with a flint appeared at the scene of the fire. Very suspicious.]