Chapter 29: Just Heaven

The train blew through the air as the aerodinamica performed its main function.

We were all inside.

Brid driving the train, Soline polishing her weapons, Diesel sitting right next to me, Anis and Neon resting in one of the corners, and Rapi lying down on my lap.

Anis and Neon had taken quite the beating by Chatterbox, so they needed some rest.

As for Rapi, she was not so far off either. Bruises and cuts littered her body. I tried to convince her to take the scarf off, but it was of no use.

So, I plopped her head down on my lap and told her to rest it out. It's barely been the second checkpoint and we've already sustained a significant amount of damage.

This is purely stupid.

I pray that we do not encounter any more hardship.

''Considering that you are in the middle of a battlefield, that is far from what I'm predicting.''

Hare, now is not the time to be pessimistic.

There's a lot to do. Thankfully I wasn't hurt or anything, so that's a plus.

''... Rapi?'' I softly whispered as I lowered myself to her ear. ''You awake?''

... No answer.

Just light snores.

Did she actually fall asleep on my lap?

That's so cute! I can't believe she actually had the courage to do this with me!

''That being said, it's best not to get too comfortable. After all, you've already had one affair behind Mother's back, so I suggest no more than that.''

And you be quiet. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

''So, Commander.'' Diesel spoke, wrapping an arm around my neck and coming closer. ''How are you feeling right now?

''I'm alright.'' I answered. ''My butt hurts a bit, but nothing much aside from that.''

''That's a relief.'' She smiled. ''I can't bear to see my little brother hurt, you know?''

... She's still going on with that.

It makes me feel... Weird... In a good way of course.

But it's really off when I realize what kind of relationship I am with her.

...

Screw it.

''Anything new on your end?'' I questioned as I took in the interior of the train we were in. ''And... Is this the A-RX?''

Diesel giggled lightly before answering. ''Why of course. The Anti-Rapture XPress, we even had to beg the higher-ups to let us take this thing for a spin.''

''How's it feeling for now?''

''Pretty good actually.'' Diesel answered. ''You saw what it did to Chatterbox. It has insane knockback power, not to mention endurance.''

''I can talk about it on and on... But,'' Diesel looked me in the eyes. ''I wouldn't like to bore you with all this train nonsense.''

I sighed, relaxing my back into the soft cushions.

It's gonna be a long, risky, and very anxious day. There's lots and lots of stuff I'll need to do, and pray that it works out.

This ride may just be my only time of relaxation.

''How long until we get to the next point?'' I asked.

''About ten minutes.'' Diesel answered. ''Maybe less, because these railways are uncharted.''