Chapter 27: Begin The Siege

Rapi's Point Of View

The dust cleared out. The Commander, injured, leaned against the wall clutching his shoulder. Looking up into the sky as if martyring, his eyes slowly became devoid of any life.

Through his lips, he seeped the remainder of his lifeblood. Most of it, long lost due to the giant gash in his stomach.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I didn't think that she would do this...

No... No... Don't close your eyes...

Stay with me, Commander...

I wake up in a cold sweat, hitching my breath as if I had been drowning.

I immediately sat up and clutched to the side of my head. This is the third time I've had this dream tonight...

Ever since I went to sleep six hours ago, I've been continuously waking up with the same disturbance.

Nightmares about The Commander bleeding out in front of me.

Every single time I managed to finally fall asleep, I woke up abruptly.

This... It's messing with my head, I need to clear my mind.

I slowly manage to get off of the bed and on my feet, heading out of my room and down into the kitchen.

I fill a cup with water and chug it all down. The water's especially cold when it's this late at night.

It's pleasant.

I put the cup down and wipe my mouth. That felt refreshing, though my mind still feels cluttered.

It seems I have no choice. Red Hood, you up?

''I physically can't go to sleep without ya doing the same.''

Right. Never mind that, did you see those dreams?

''Where that dude you like dies? Yeah, I mean, I had to rewatch them like, three times now?''

Do you have any idea why my mind is so stressed about this one dream? To have it occur every time I go to sleep?

''Do I sound like a psychologist to you? Actually, scratch that, I might not know the reason, but I know how to fix this.''

''Go jerk off.''

. . .

''Come on!''

You're a disgrace.

''Oh come on! Every time I couldn't sleep, it was either because I was stressed over something, or because I was really horny.''

''And judging by all these... Sultry thoughts that you're having about that guy, it may possibly be the latter.''

I'm not gonna defile myself to that extent.

And I thought I told you not to peer into my thoughts too much?

''It's kinda hard to do when you're thinking about it this mu-''

Shut up.

''Hah, gotcha!''

...

I hate you sometimes.

With that, I proceed to splash some water on my face and go back up to the second floor.

I passed by the rooms of both Anis and Neon. They're probably fast asleep by no-