Chapter 6

Competition day✨
As the day of the competition arrived, I got ready, wearing a red saree, feeling confident and hot.

Competition day✨As the day of the competition arrived, I got ready, wearing a red saree, feeling confident and hot

[Amira's look]

But Agastya was nowhere to be seen. I tried calling him multiple times, but he didn't pick up. My dance was in 15 minutes, and panic started to set in. I couldn't breathe, and my heart raced.
I couldn't wait any longer, so I ran away from the line and waited outside the auditorium. But he still didn't show up. With only five minutes left, I reluctantly started to head toward the auditorium.
Then, suddenly, someone grabbed my hand. When I looked back, I saw Agastya holding my wrist. My heart skipped a beat, a mixture of relief and anger flooding through me.

Agastya's POV

I got ready, throwing on my blazer and heading to the parking lot. I took my car and left for college, excited for the day ahead. I didn't really care who won the competition; I was just here to cheer Amaira on.
However, I soon found myself stuck in traffic for the past hour. With only half an hour left, I abandoned my car and started walking. Eventually, I managed to find a taxi and somehow reached the college.

As I approached the auditorium, I saw Amaira sitting outside, looking tense. My heart sank for her, and I rushed towards her. But just as she got up to leave, I grabbed her by the wrist. When she turned around, I was struck by how breathtakingly gorgeous she looked in her red saree, with her long hair, jhumka, red lips, and bindi completing the look.

Her face was tense, but relief flooded her features when she saw me.
"Where were you?" she asked, her voice tinged with tears.
"It was traffic," I replied, knowing I would explain later. "Let's go."

We hurried inside, her friends questioning where I had been. I ignored them and took Amaira's hand.
As we stood there, waiting for the blinds to open, she took deep breaths. I squeezed her hand reassuringly and said, "We've got this."

She smiled, and all the anxiety seemed to melt away. As the blinds opened, everyone was in pure shock to see us together. No one except Amaira's friends knew I would be her partner, and everyone knew she was the only girl in college who disliked me. Yet, they all started hooting and cheering.

The music started, and we danced our hearts out. The choreography matched the wildness of the song, and the crowd went crazy with hooting and cheering.

In one moment during the dance, our eyes locked, and everything else seemed to fade away. We moved in perfect sync, our bodies moving as one to the rhythm of the music.

The energy between us was electric, and for those few moments, it felt like it was just the two of us on that stage, lost in the music and the moment.

Once the dance was over, we were both out of breath, but the clapping and hooting from the audience didn't stop. Amaira's face was radiant with happiness, and the sight of her was mesmerizing. Now, all that was left was to wait for the results

.

Amira's POV

I was so worried, but all my anxiety disappeared the moment I saw Agastya. The crowd's enthusiastic reaction made me super happy, but I knew none of this would have been possible without him.

As we waited for the results, Agastya, being Agastya, was just chilling, completely relaxed.
The announcements began.
Third place was given to someone else, and
second place followed suit. Now it was time for first place, and I was super tense. The professor asked the crowd who they thought would win. Some chanted Shanaya's name, but the majority shouted for me and Agastya.

The result was based on crowd voting, and the professor began the countdown.

"Three, two, one—Amira Singh and Agastya Choudhary!"
I opened my eyes in complete shock. We were the only ones who didn't perform a classical dance. My jaw dropped, and I looked beside me to see Agastya already smiling at me.
Without thinking, I threw my arms around his shoulders and hugged him tightly. The relief and joy were overwhelming, and I couldn't hold back my happiness.

Agastya's POV

My eyes were fixed on Amira as the results were announced. When she turned to face me with that radiant smile, my heart skipped a beat. She threw her hands around my shoulders and hugged me. I was shocked because I wasn't even expecting a thank you, let alone a hug. She smelled so good, like vanilla, cookies, and a bakery all rolled into one. I couldn't stop myself from hugging her back.

She pulled away and grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the stage. We received our awards, and she looked so happy, like a little kid. We also received a cash prize, but she asked me to keep it, and I had no problem with that.

When we were alone, I cleared my throat and said, "Now that you've won, don't forget about the promise you made."

Flashback to the Day We Met in My Class

Amira had come to my class asking for help. I knew I couldn't let go of such a precious chance to annoy her, so I told her I would help her, but only on one condition: she had to come as my date to the farewell dance party. She hesitated but ultimately had no option but to agree. I smirked, knowing I had her where I wanted.

K
Back to the Present Day
"Don't tell me you forgot?" I teased.
She looked at me with a mix of surprise and realization. "I didn't forget," she said, a little defensively.
"Good," I said, smiling. "I'm looking forward to it."