Chapter 14

Agastya's POV

It's strange that she agreed to this marriage knowing the consequences. I never thought destiny would bring us together in this way. I was sad she wasn't by my side, but now that she is, I realize I don't want her. All I want is to do anything to make Yaksh feel better.

My mom entered the room, saying, "Agastya, take a leave tomorrow." "Why, Maa?" I asked, feeling a twinge of annoyance.

"Because you have to go shopping with Amira," she said.
I frowned. "Why can't she go by herself?"
"It's our tradition that the groom and bride go for bridal lehenga shopping together," she replied firmly.
"Fine," I said, giving in reluctantly. ### After Some Days
I went to the mall because it was the day to buy the bridal lehenga. I was clearly not enjoying this. Then I saw Amira approaching with a huge smile on her face, a smile that reminded me of our college days when she used to smile like that. She looked so pretty.

"You're on time, wow," she said, her enthusiasm evident.
"Why so enthusiastic?" I muttered, trying to keep my tone indifferent.

We went into the store, and I stayed on my phone the entire time. Then she came out wearing a beautiful red lehenga, and I was mesmerized for a moment.

"How is it?" she asked, noticing my reaction.
I cleared my throat, trying to regain my composure. "Whatever," I said dismissively.

She sighed, "You are of no help."
As she started to leave, I grabbed her hand. "No need for you to be so happy," I said harshly. "I don't even like you, and I never will. Just get this over with already."

With that, I turned and left, leaving her standing there, her smile fading away.

Amira's POV
I know Agastya is upset with me, and he has every right to be. I never got the chance to explain why I never showed up that day. But I promise, I will make things work out now. Whatever happened back then was beyond my control, but this time, I can make things better.

We got married, and everyone was very happy. Agastya was faking his happiness for the sake of Yaksh. I cried a lot during my vidai, but it's a day every girl has to face. I went inside the car, and we drove home. Agastya's mom showed me to my room, and I changed after all the rituals.

Agastya was nowhere to be seen after the rituals.