Chapter 11

Agastya's POV

I laughed when I found out she had resigned. Funny how quickly she made the decision. But when Yaksh found out she left, he started behaving oddly again.

It became increasingly difficult with Yaksh after Amira left. He hadn't been eating well and even got sick. Every day, he would say, "I want Amira Miss back. Bahut achi thi voh. Mujhe bahut pyar karti thi. Mujhe mumma ki tarha lagti thi vo." His health was declining, and I understood why. For the first time, he found someone who understood him and gave him the motherly love he craved. But there was clearly nothing I could do.

One evening, I was in my room working on my laptop when my mom entered. I shut it down and looked up at her. "I want to talk with you," she said, tears welling up in her eyes.
"Sure, Maa," I replied, concerned.

She started crying, and my heart sank. "I can't see Yaksh's condition anymore. He deserves so much better than what we are giving him," she said.

"I know, Maa. We are trying. We will figure something out," I assured her, though I felt the weight of helplessness.

She took a deep breath, composing herself. "I want to talk about something serious with you."
A chill ran down my spine. "What is it, Maa?" I asked, fear creeping into my voice.
"You should get married," she said.
I instinctively went back to my laptop, trying to avoid the conversation, but her next words stopped me in my tracks. "To Amira".................